Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How many views will the software JB thread get before Christmas
Less than 75,000 3 13.04%
75,000 or more - less than 90,000 12 52.17%
90,000 or more - less than 100,000 5 21.74%
100,000 or more 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The non-jb announcement.

It didn't happen at 11/11/2015, 1100 UTC.
So I guess the war with Amazon will continue.

Maybe B.D. can surprise them, 12/07/2015.

= = = = =

A guessing game now.

Started by: roger64 @
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...32&postcount=8

Add your actual guess to this thread.

knc1's addition @
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=9

Last edited by knc1; 12-04-2015 at 08:52 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
I do hope it comes soon, id love to get mine jailbroken. Would be good if it was before december but I guess we cant rush it.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I quit waiting - bought Tolino Vision 2, rooted it, installed Alreader and am happy. The screen of this reader is perfect (like Vision) and lighted evenly. Why you so stuck to Amazon devices?

For anyone interested here is how I'm rooted this Tolino.
http://www.lesen.net/forum/ebook-rea...342#post296342
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
- - - -
Why you so stuck to Amazon devices?
- - - -
No sticky involved, simply whim and my current choice of hobby.

Before that it was Media Players, before that it was NetBooks, before that . . . .
Old 11-30-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
I just noticed that sometime in these last days the closed-kindle jailbreak thread was un-stickied.

I believe this sounds like a silent acknowledgement of not releasing the closed-kindle jailbreak in the foreseeable future.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I noticed it too. It was quietly dropped on the 30th of November, I first hoped that it was because there would be a 1st of December release. Quite a popular thread by the way: over 66 000 views at the time of its disappearance... I mourn it.

Meanwhile, my PW3 with a supposed "native" Koreader support stands idle in a drawer.

So, is there another reason for this withdrawal?

Last edited by roger64; 11-30-2015 at 11:20 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:18 AM   #7
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still waiting patiently, all my collections still sit in amazons cloud for if the jailbreak doesn't appear but if it does i'm ready for that too.

I just hope it was removed to stop people PMing him asking when it'll be out.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #8
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

It's always good to report a mistake.

The thread about the 5.6.5. jailbreak has been dropped and now is in page 4 (with over 68 000 views) at the 11.01.2015 date (it's blocked).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...05#post3197905

My guess: we'll reach 75 000 views for Christmas. Other guess?: no

Last edited by roger64; 12-04-2015 at 05:54 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
- - - -
My guess: we'll reach 75 000 views for Christmas. Other guess?: no
Hint:
Set the prefix filter to 'tools' and click 'show threads' - its still near the top of the filtered index page.

Hmm...
68,000+ in about 70 days, not the rate it was when new and open for discussion.

A "Holiday Shopping" effect?
I.E: techie type gift givers checking the software JB status before buying for someone close?
(They would like to JB the gift and add-in some extras to personalize it before or after giving.)

If so, that viewing source should increase to a peak around . . .
And then drop off sharply, once it is too late to buy + JB and enhance before wrapping it up.

Ah - -
Now that makes it an interesting guessing game, a complex non-linear curve with unknown properties.

I'll guess higher, around 90,000 by take-off time.

Meanwhile I'll look around here for a K5 (a model that isn't infected with the 5.6.x firmware and has audio support) in decent condition as the prize (shipping not included).

Last edited by knc1; 12-04-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #10
oblox
Zealot

Ill go for 80k
Old 12-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
I quit waiting - bought Tolino Vision 2, rooted it, installed Alreader and am happy. The screen of this reader is perfect (like Vision) and lighted evenly. Why you so stuck to Amazon devices?

For anyone interested here is how I'm rooted this Tolino.
http://www.lesen.net/forum/ebook-rea...342#post296342
How much does it cost to buy a Tolino in Germany? It is very expensive to buy a device that can use open Android in the USA. There is the new Nook, but any kind of root is still in development.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:14 AM   #12
big_leopard
big_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the rough

Device: Paperwhite 2
This thread should be sticked on first page, so many members can vote and the game will be more interesting

My guess is around 75-90k views
big_leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #13
big_leopard
big_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the roughbig_leopard is a jewel in the rough

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It didn't happen at 11/11/2015, 1100 UTC.
So I guess the war with Amazon will continue.

Maybe B.D. can surprise them, 12/07/2015.
Up till now, none of information has been announced
Is there anything new today

Last edited by big_leopard; 12-09-2015 at 01:58 AM.
big_leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:43 AM   #14
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Does anyone know — did Amazon ask B.D. to hold off on release until they could get a software update out? Or did they somehow convince B.D. not to release it at all?
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_leopard View Post
Up till now, none of information has been announced
Is there anything new today
Those where historic dates in world history that I used, I had no other reason for picking them.

I have not heard any news about the status of the software JB.

There are plenty of other historic dates this month that might be honored by the release of the software JB:
http://www.historyplace.com/specials...r/december.htm
We can hope that one of them is special enough to commemorate by the release of the software JB.

= = = =

My own, personal, guess, without any basis in fact, is:
Amazon is slow-playing B.D. so the news of Kindle vulnerability does not affect holiday sales.