Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Buttons on Voyage/Oasis

I recently got a Voyage and I like it very much.

But what baffles me is that the page turn buttons do not work as expected (or at least as I would desire) in all contexts where they might apply:

- when in scrolling views (X-ray, Notes, web browser, kindle store book listing, etc.) they should scroll down and up
- in kindle store book listings/search results, they should page to next and previous page of listings/results

This is how buttons work on Kindle Keyboard, and is an obvious and easy enough thing to implement (just map key press to swipe event in those contexts). I would have thought enough people would have griped about this in the two years Voyage has been available to motivate a change.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They most likely don't use those things so wouldn't notice.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I recently got a Voyage and I like it very much.

But what baffles me is that the page turn buttons do not work as expected (or at least as I would desire) in all contexts where they might apply:

- when in scrolling views (X-ray, Notes, web browser, kindle store book listing, etc.) they should scroll down and up
- in kindle store book listings/search results, they should page to next and previous page of listings/results

This is how buttons work on Kindle Keyboard, and is an obvious and easy enough thing to implement (just map key press to swipe event in those contexts). I would have thought enough people would have griped about this in the two years Voyage has been available to motivate a change.
You are not alone, it bugs me too. I wish buttons worked on everything you need to advance.

Some of us have griped about that, other places on the web I guess. I now I griped about it somewhere. But they didn't change it when the Oasis came out, so I guess it isn't going to happen.

I am just glad at this point I finally have actual buttons again with my Oasis.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I keep the buttons turned off on my Voyage. The interface seems a lot more intuitive when I swipe.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the lack of page turn buttons on some of the screens is a puzzling omission.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the lack of page turn buttons on some of the screens is a puzzling omission.
Yes! The fact that the buttons just don't DO anything on those screens. It bugs me! This is true for searching throughout a book, too.

But I haven't actually complained. Nor stopped using it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote