Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-05-2021, 03:30 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
new firmware for note air

Today my Note3 told me there is a new firmware for him.
I read the notes about the changes, and I saw they dropped the cloud backup support for notes (I do not know why), so I'm in doubt if install it or not.

There are other people that installed it and want to share impressions?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:26 AM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
That's odd: Dropping cloud support. It would mean that we have to backup the note database to a local machine for backup. Does anyone know where the database file resides on the devices and whether root is needed to back it up?

Today I got as a reaction on my feedback that it was a known problem and had to wait for the next update. I hope that means that the NotePro Android 9 is getting its update soon, too.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2021, 08:44 PM   #3
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Just copy out the full changelog for reference

Quote:
"V3.2",
"**************************************",
"System & Apps ",
"1.The system drop-down menu has been divided into Notification Center and Control Panel. Swiping up from the screen bottom will pop up E Ink Center. ",
"2.Add BooxDrop (two-way file transfer between BOOX and other devices such as PC). BooxDrop only supports Wi-Fi in the same local area network. (This replaces Transfer Books including WifiTransfer and Push) ",
"3.Add Area Screenshot, which allows users to screenshot the selected area only instead of the whole screen. (Call out from Navigation Ball) ",
"4.Improve handwriting speed of OneNote\\Evernote\\WPS ",
"5.Add multiple accounts management. (This is to solve the problem of notes sync issues under multiple accounts.) ",
"6.Fix some other known issues;",
"Reader & Library ",
"7.Add custom scan path settings to the Library and optimize the process of refreshing the Library; ",
"8.Adjust the data sharing method of a file's copy. The data is identified by saving path. (Old version was identified by the file ID) ",
"9.Support copying and cutting handwritten content between documents. ",
"10.Add reflow feature to text-based PDF documents that allow \"long press to select text\" or are recognized by OCR. ",
"11.Split-view supports Article\\ Comic modes. ",
"Note & Sync",
"12.Add the feature of combining multiple notepads into one. ",
"13.Add automatic saving by a set time. ",
"14.The exported PDFs from Notes are in vector format, which can be edited in Reader. ",
"15.Add custom brushes( max 5 brushes) .",
"16.Add page tags, which generate a level 1 directory when exporting a notepad to a PDF file. ",
"17.Associate Notes with accounts. Notes under anonymous accounts are automatically classified into login account. The notes under the logout account will no longer appear locally and will appear again after you log in to the same account;",
"18.Local backup of version 3.2 or above supports combining new backup with existing backup files. ( This backs up notes at different stages to the same backup file); ",
"19.Cloud backup is not available anymore. "

Last edited by winstonma; 12-05-2021 at 11:23 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:13 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
That's odd: Dropping cloud support. It would mean that we have to backup the note database to a local machine for backup. Does anyone know where the database file resides on the devices and whether root is needed to back it up?
No root is needed for notes backup. You can create a backup zip file of the SQLite database. It's an option in notes.

Last edited by yokos; 12-06-2021 at 07:37 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote