Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2023, 07:29 AM   #1
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Differences between kindle basic and paperwhite

I will like to know the differences, so that I know whether to upgrade from basic to paperwhite or not.
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 07:59 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
I will like to know the differences, so that I know whether to upgrade from basic to paperwhite or not.
Amazon has a compare page:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...toretab_kstore
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2023, 08:01 AM   #3
chongjasmine
Connoisseur
chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chongjasmine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks.
chongjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:44 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The older Basic is inferior (no front light and 167 dpi), but the current Basic is comparable to a Paperwhite 3 (front light & 300dpi). I've used both original Basic and still have a Paperwhite 3. I gave away an Oasis gen 2 as it was pointless compared to a Libra 2 (and the PW3 is enough to buy Amazon books).

Some people absolutely need the light and others never use it.

A Kobo Libra2 or Kobo Sage is more of an upgrade if you use Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote