Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
The lying carpet

Very good book. Supposedly an illustrated book for children, but I guess it has enough punch to engage older readers into its timeless tale, pretty much like Pixar movies. Essentially, a metaforic tale on the changing power of tales, the power of words.

Read it yesterday for my daughter. She enjoyed very much and wouldn't agree to halt and read remaining chapters in the following nights, so we finished it in one go. I can see this repeating a very many times.

Faith is a statue of a little girl facing the sky, an open book on her lap. One day she "awakens" and finds herself in a quiet room in an old mansion, her only company being a lying carpet in the form of a tiger. They can't see each other, since she looks up the sky and the carpet looks down the floor and obviously as inanimate objects, can't turn. But they can talk and the carpet reveals to be quite an imaginative story-teller. Faith finds solace in the stories, willing to believe there's more to her existence than being a mere statue. But many different stories lead her to doubt the carpet's tales. What to do when you find your dreams slipping away of your grasp?

Highly recommended.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote