Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 03:03 AM   #1
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
EPUB -> EPUB Conversion Results In BOLD Text

I've been using Calibre for many years now, and I've just run into a head-scratcher. For me, anyway.

I have an EPUB text -- an ebook that I got at Smashwords. I always run ebooks through Calibre, even EPUBs -- mostly to justify the text when necessary and adjust the margins so that the right margin is a little wider. When I run this one file through Calibre it makes all of the changes I request ... plus the text changes from normal to bold. I've tried various Font options in Calibre but can't find a way to prevent this from happening.

In terms of my skill level, I use a lot of Calibre's options but I've never gotten down and dirty with file formats. I'm a reader, not a coder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I've been using Calibre for many years now, and I've just run into a head-scratcher. For me, anyway.

I have an EPUB text -- an ebook that I got at Smashwords. I always run ebooks through Calibre, even EPUBs -- mostly to justify the text when necessary and adjust the margins so that the right margin is a little wider. When I run this one file through Calibre it makes all of the changes I request ... plus the text changes from normal to bold. I've tried various Font options in Calibre but can't find a way to prevent this from happening.

In terms of my skill level, I use a lot of Calibre's options but I've never gotten down and dirty with file formats. I'm a reader, not a coder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
You have unclosed <b> elements in your xhtml files.

Open your ebook with the editor before conversion run fix html or fix errors.

bernie

p.s.

can be a pain in the *** to find and fix.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First, thanks for moving this to the appropriate area!

And thanks, gbm! I'm not very familiar with the file format, but that makes sense.

I don't need to tackle this right away -- that gives me plenty of time to try to track this down.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote