Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 08:03 AM   #1
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Question Which Color eReader to Buy (outdoor, web articles)?

1. color
I read a lot of web articles, lots of charts and diagrams with colored lines.
I'd like to get away from the screen and read outdoors. That's why I need a color eReader.

2. video interviews
Sometimes I also want to watch youtube videos. I don't care about the quality, I just need to be able to hear spoken dialogue and be able to switch on subtitles occasionally.

3. weight
And lightweight would be important, too.

Strangely, what I have been missing all the years on the Kindle was to measure my reading speed. So it would be cool if the new reader would be able to display the words per minute, or have a timer measuring how long a book has been open.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:11 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If mostly comics / colour graphic Novels a 10" approx colour eink. A Onyx Boox will do Android Apps.

If mostly mono text then 6″ to 8″ mono Kobo.
Web direct to eink is erratic. I make an ebook via copy/paste in LO Writer then docx in Calibre to epub.

If wanting video and reading, then a TCL Nxtpaper11. The color eink is only 4000 approx colours / shades / hues and at full quality would not manage 10 fps. The Nxtpaper 11 is bright enough outdoors, and is 200 fps with 16.7M Colours/shades.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2024, 10:59 AM   #3
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Quote:
If mostly comics / colour graphic Novels a 10" approx colour eink.
Not comics or children books. Articles with charts.

Quote:
A Onyx Boox will do Android Apps.
They are over 400 grams heavy.

Quote:
If mostly mono text then 6″ to 8″ mono Kobo.
Among ten articles even one important colored graph is enough, to force me back to reading on the screen.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:19 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Not comics or children books. Articles with charts.

They are over 400 grams heavy.

Among ten articles even one important colored graph is enough, to force me back to reading on the screen.
Then maybe the new Libra 2 Color, but it's far too small and low resolution for PDFs. Anything good for PDFs is big and heavy.

Maybe what you want doesn't exist.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You might want to look at the Boox Nova Air C. It's 7.8" and has the BSR GPU for faster refreshes, so you can technically watch videos on it, if you're OK with ~12 FPS. It should be lighter than a 10.3" device, such as the Boox Note Air 3C.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
articles, color, weight, wpm