Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM   #16
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible is either 10 days late or 356 (it's a leap year this year) too early. ha
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #17
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
I'm back from vacation and ready for freebies! Here's two from Audible:

1. Free from The Great Courses: "Sherlock Holmes- The First Great Detective" (here)

Quote:
We are familiar with Sherlock Holmes's methodology—using clues, facts, evidence, and reason to solve the case. Here, go inside the world of the 19th century and see what circumstances paved the way for such a hero. Then, turn to some of Sherlock's most exciting cases.
2. "3 Truths and a Lie: A Detective D. D. Warren Story" by Lisa Gardner (here)

Quote:
In Lisa Gardner's second short story, after the New York Times bestseller The 7th Month, Detective D.D. Warren takes on her most intimidating assignment yet: a fifty-minute class meant to educate a horde of bloodthirsty thriller writers on the ways of actual police work. Yet sometimes life really does imitate fiction, as D.D. takes the writers through the reality of one of her most twisted cases - a case that involves a seedy motel room, drugs, prostitution...and a severed leg.

With Gardner's trademark suspense, sharp observations, and thrilling storytelling, 3 Truths and a Lie is a fascinating chapter in D.D.'s storied career.
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2016, 12:27 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
LivingSocial Audible Promo -- exp unknown
  • $9.00 -- 3 months Audible ($3/mo)

Details

Quote:
Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
Limit 1 redemption code at checkout
Entire value must be used in a single visit
New customers only
Former paid members may or may not qualify - YMMV.

edit - using tablet with tenuous net connection. Here's the URL for the above promo:

https://m.livingsocial.com/deals/154...ooks#/dealWrap

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-05-2016 at 01:43 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:32 AM   #19
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
$9.00 -- 3 months Audible ($3/mo)
Thanks Mr. Monkey! I just purchased this with a further discount of $1 (it's on the Living Social page for this deal), so I only paid $8

I successfully applied the code to a dormant Audible account.

(I'm in Audible heaven with 3 different deals: this one, 3 months Prime free trial and 3 months at 99 cents per, so 9 audiobooks for a grand total of $10.97 )
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #20
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
New slate of Downpour Deals. There are six of them: http://www.downpour.com/downpour-dea...t+-+Newsletter.

The majority are $4.95 and $4.99! Only one or two are non-fiction.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 11:26 AM   #21
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
  • $9.00 -- 3 months Audible ($3/mo)

Details

Former paid members may or may not qualify - YMMV.

edit - using tablet with tenuous net connection. Here's the URL for the above promo:

https://m.livingsocial.com/deals/154...ooks#/dealWrap
Thank you so much! I think I've been able to use the coupon succesfully, but I'm not sure how to know when my next billing is due (just to be sure). Any hint, please?
odo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #22
abqkjh
Zealot
abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abqkjh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto e5
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Thank you so much! I think I've been able to use the coupon succesfully, but I'm not sure how to know when my next billing is due (just to be sure). Any hint, please?
Find the place where it says "Hi, [your name]" at the upper right of any Audible page. Hover over it and press "Account Details." Enter your password. Your Renewal date will be in the top "My Membership" box.

If you paid for multiple months in advance, you may have to calculate the next time you are actually billed yourself. It will always be on the same date each month.
abqkjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #23
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqkjh View Post
Find the place where it says "Hi, [your name]" at the upper right of any Audible page. Hover over it and press "Account Details." Enter your password. Your Renewal date will be in the top "My Membership" box.

If you paid for multiple months in advance, you may have to calculate the next time you are actually billed yourself. It will always be on the same date each month.
Thanks.

I don't see a renewal date there, only a next-credit-due date. I think I got three months with the coupon, but just to be sure I wanted to check it somewhere. I guess I'll have to wait until next month and pray I won't be charged the regular membership price.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Just contact Audible and ask them when the promo ends.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks.

I don't see a renewal date there, only a next-credit-due date. I think I got three months with the coupon, but just to be sure I wanted to check it somewhere. I guess I'll have to wait until next month and pray I won't be charged the regular membership price.
Next Credit Date is correct. Go back to that same page and scroll to the bottom left. Then click "Review membership charges" and see what you were charged. It should be $3.00 (plus tax). If that's what it shows, then you're good to go. Just remember to cancel your membership after you get your third credit on 06 Mar.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #26
odo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Next Credit Date is correct. Go back to that same page and scroll to the bottom left. Then click "Review membership charges" and see what you were charged. It should be $3.00 (plus tax). If that's what it shows, then you're good to go. Just remember to cancel your membership after you get your third credit on 06 Mar.
I was charged $0.00, but I don't think I should be charged $3.00, because I did pay $9.00 ($8.00, in fact) for the coupon to LivingSocial via PayPal and then redeemed the coupon at Audible website.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #27
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
I was charged $0.00, but I don't think I should be charged $3.00, because I did pay $9.00 ($8.00, in fact) for the coupon to LivingSocial via PayPal and then redeemed the coupon at Audible website.
My wife just finished up the same LivingSocial promotion. In Audible's system it showed she was charged $0.00 each month for 3 months, and as you stated she was charged $8.00 by Living Social. If she stayed a member past this month (which she didn't; she has already cancelled) I would expect to see the full charge ($14.95) when it came due.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #28
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
Living Social promo- not for me

The promo didn't work for me, but I did JUST finish my last super cheap 3 month subscription from Christmas. I'm bummed, as I was hoping for another 3 months of cheap audiobooks. Oh well, you win some, you lose some!
Jenga5238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Sorry about that, but you're correct. I forgot it was a prepaid offer. Just ignore that monkey behind the curtain
Old 01-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #30
odo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
My wife just finished up the same LivingSocial promotion. In Audible's system it showed she was charged $0.00 each month for 3 months, and as you stated she was charged $8.00 by Living Social. If she stayed a member past this month (which she didn't; she has already cancelled) I would expect to see the full charge ($14.95) when it came due.
Cool, thanks!