Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like warm weather?
The warmer, the better 3 10.71%
I like warm weather, but not too hot 5 17.86%
Moderation is the key (not too warm, cold, dry or wet) 7 25.00%
Cool days are what I love 10 35.71%
Give me Father Frost any time 0 0%
Don't care, I can stand any old temperature 1 3.57%
I like warmth, but not direct sunlight. Cloudy is best 0 0%
I love sunlight, but heat not so much 7 25.00%
Anything, as long as it doesn't rain 0 0%
Anything, as long as it rains 2 7.14%
As long as there are no hurricanes, earthquakes or volcano eruptions, I'm ok 3 10.71%
The more extreme, the better 1 3.57%
I never even know what the weather is like, because I never come out of my air-conditioned cave 0 0%
Weather? What's that? 0 0%
This poll isn't relevant, I exist in another dimension/on another planet/have attained Nirvana/wherever that's not here 0 0%
This is a mighty boring poll. Couldn't you think of something more interesting? 0 0%
The blue one next to the fish 4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #16
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yep, people can be so different. I prefer temperatures below 20ºC, but above freezing. My hands are almost never cold (I always go without gloves unless it's several degrees below freezing), but my feet can be, plus they tend to cramp without socks. So I always sleep with socks on, except in summer.

I was more afraid of the cold when I was younger. Now I'm almost 50 and I'm very rarely cold. But heat I have always hated.
I also wear socks to sleep except in the summer, in the winter I put 2 pairs of socks and fluffy slippers and with all that I still get cold feet, but the hands are worst because I work in the computer all day, and the mouse hand gets really cold, I have some fingerless gloves for working but my fingers also get cold, I can´t touch people in the winter because everyone complains about my cold hands.

The last 2 winters have been worst because of the cold I tend to contract the neck muscles, I try to do like the turtles and hide my head, and my neck gets stiff, the first year I didn’t know what caused it, I had neck problems from December to april, this year when they started in January I made the connection with the cold.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote