Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
mrspaceman
Edge User

Thumbs down Entourage or EbookReaderDiscounter issue?

I am trying to get my eDGe fixed, but nothing is happening. here is what I am being told is going on:

================================================== =======
andy aspell-clark
13-03-2011 12:12 I had a email on the 3rd March, which said you were checking with Entourage and would get back to me on the 4th. I have not heard anything since.

can you let me know what is happening?

andy.
Ebook Reader Discounter
15-03-2011 11:05 Hi Andy,

Apparently, Aurelien was dealing with your problem. In the meantime, he has not been in the office anymore. I will try to ask him as soon as possible what's happening with this and what's the deal, so I can come back to you asap.

I expect that I can come back to you either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Sorry for the delay caused.

Kind regards,
Robin N.
andy aspell-clark
18-03-2011 21:33 Is there any news on what is happening?
Ebook Reader Discounter
21-03-2011 16:32 Hi Andy,

We are talking with enTourage in hope to get it solved. Honestly, I think the port of the AC adapter is damaged (looks damaged) and I'm affraid it will not be under warranty. But before considering this, I'm trying to get it fixed via the enTourage techsupport.

They asked us if the newest firmware is already installed and we are not waiting on their new response/advice.

Kind regards,
Robin N.
andy aspell-clark
28-03-2011 21:45 Has there been any news on this yet?
Ebook Reader Discounter
30-03-2011 17:43 Hi Andy,

Still waiting for a sufficient response. They have asked again some info and provided it again.

Hope to tell you some concrete info within a few days,
Robin N.

================================================== =======

so is this Entourage or EbookReaderDiscounter?

I guess I'll never know

oh well, that'll teach me for buying from a small company that doesn't support its users.

a warning to all considering purchasing an eDGe, it'll be okay so long as it doesn't break.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-23-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Servicing of eDGes out the US/Canada has always been a challenge for users. When things went well (under warranty) a couple of users indicated a 2 week turnaround, though, with satisfactory results.

Since the original EE only started going out of warranty for users at beginning of March, we'll just now start learning about the turnaround and costs of out-of-warranty repairs.

Anyone with repair issues should contact enTourage directly via www.entourageedge.com/support and not depend on these forums for information. This includes is you're having problems at the local retailer level.

Last edited by borisb; 03-30-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
mrspaceman
Edge User

Mine is still under warranty, but they are trying to say I broke the inside of the power socket (the inside pin got pushed back into the device). if it is going to cost to repair it, I don't think it will be worth the cost. I'll just have a very expensive "lesson", and I can tear it apart to see what's inside (i'll post photos when I do).

Last edited by mrspaceman; 03-30-2011 at 12:46 PM.