Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2023, 12:37 PM   #1
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite (2018 edition) keeps rebooting

I used to be very active on this forum years ago. I'm happy to see it's still around. Back then I was into the nooks. Anyway, my Kindle Paperwhite I purchased Feb. 2019 keeps randomly rebooting. I tried a factory reset and unregistering it on Amazon. It worked OK for a while, but eventually started doing it again. It's unpredictable and happens at any time while I'm reading. Any suggestions for fixing this would be very much appreciated.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 10:49 AM   #2
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Have you tried re-downloading books. Maybe one of them is corrupt that you are reading
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2023, 09:25 AM   #3
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2022 View Post
Have you tried re-downloading books. Maybe one of them is corrupt that you are reading
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. I did a factory reset the deleted all of the books. I only re-downloaded a few that I was reading. The rebooting happens regardless of what book I'm reading.
Old 10-08-2023, 11:15 PM   #4
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
In my opinion, the problem is in hardware, probably the battery, intermittent lost connection in circuit or memory. It is better to ask amazon for repairing
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:25 AM   #5
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
In my opinion, the problem is in hardware, probably the battery, intermittent lost connection in circuit or memory. It is better to ask amazon for repairing
I was wondering if it may be a battery issue. It is over 4 and a half years old. I'll contact Amazon, but they'll probably suggest I buy a new one. Thanks for the reply.
Advert
Old 10-11-2023, 07:01 AM   #6
bob_obo
Enthusiast
bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
This happens to me with my Oasis (2017). In my case its a damaged power button after i dropped it (well, carelessly chucked it onto my bed, it bounced off and landed on the floor on the button). Some days its fine, others it reboots the moment i pick it up or after an hour of reading.
bob_obo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:55 AM   #7
JerseyBiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_obo View Post
This happens to me with my Oasis (2017). In my case its a damaged power button after i dropped it (well, carelessly chucked it onto my bed, it bounced off and landed on the floor on the button). Some days its fine, others it reboots the moment i pick it up or after an hour of reading.
Thanks for the reply. Your issue is similar to mine. Except I didn't drop mine. Yours is a 2017 model, mine is a 2018 I purchased in early 2019. It's good to know your battery is still working after all those years. The last couple of times I used it, it didn't reboot, so maybe the problem worked its way out. If the issue comes back, I'll just start using my cell phone and tablet to read.