Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2023, 07:08 AM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Android App Query

Hi

Sorry if I should have posted this in the Android sub forum but my question is probably more appropriate to ask here.

Why is it that on my Kindle ebook reader it shows page numbers but on the epubs I have put on the Android Kindle apps on my tablet and phone it just shows location position? Is there a relationship between page number and location?

Many thanks.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
innocenat
Zealot
innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.innocenat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PPW5, Quaderno A4, Supernote A6X, Leaf 2
On most books bought from Amazon, there will be a page number based on a specific print edition.

When using calibre to send books to Kindle e-reader via USB, calibre will automatically create approximate page number file so Kindle device will display page number as approximated by calibre.

In other cases, including via the Send to Kindle service, page number is not available because there are nothing to reference to.
innocenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2023, 02:08 PM   #3
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for not replying sooner but I’ve had a bit of a medical issue.

Thanks for answering my query about Kindle page numbers and giving an explanation as to why I don’t always get them. I hadn’t realised that you use Calibre to side load ebooks on a Kindle using a USB lead. I will have to give it a go.

So thanks again.
Old 10-12-2023, 02:35 PM   #4
Brianrh
Connoisseur

i side loaded epubs on to my Kindle using Calibre and I now get page numbers when I press the top of the page to exit the book.

Just what I wanted so thank you very much innocenat.