Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
verona
verona began at the beginning.

Device: none
TTS engine in Firefly from ereader-store.de?

Hi,

I am considering buying Onyx Firefly from http://ereader-store.de
From what I understand, the TTS engine is not Ivona like in Angel Fire from https://www.onyx-boox.com
Am I right? If so, how is TTS on Firefly? What languages are included, can additional languages be purchased (and how)? I am interested in English, Dutch and Russian.
BTW, does the device have speakers, or just audio out?

Thanks!
verona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
without ivona, TTS is not good, read inaudible.
But you should ask if you can buy different ivona languages to the international site, default is polish (as far as I knew).
There are some posts on this forum which can clarify you, you should search them.
Only audio output is present
bye!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by verona View Post
Hi,

I am considering buying Onyx Firefly from http://ereader-store.de
From what I understand, the TTS engine is not Ivona like in Angel Fire from https://www.onyx-boox.com
Am I right? If so, how is TTS on Firefly? What languages are included, can additional languages be purchased (and how)? I am interested in English, Dutch and Russian.
BTW, does the device have speakers, or just audio out?

Thanks!
We have finaly bought Acapela TTS licence and now are going to implement it in Boox. If everything goes smooth it should be available soon.
Acapela TTS is better than Ivona. It's supporting much more languages and voices. It is even possible to create own voice packs. I am very excited to try it out. Somehow I like my voice
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks Booxtor. Great because TTS now included is quite bad
But don't forget to fix Coolreadr and Fbreader bigs, please!
(yes I know I'm always complained about CR3 and FBR bugs!)
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
We have finaly bought Acapela TTS licence and now are going to implement it in Boox. If everything goes smooth it should be available soon.
Acapela TTS is better than Ivona. It's supporting much more languages and voices. It is even possible to create own voice packs. I am very excited to try it out. Somehow I like my voice
Do you know if an update of already bought devices (M92 for me) will be possible and at which price ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
verona
verona began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
That's fantastic! Any ETA? :-)
verona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've tested some voices : very impressive !!!!

http://www.acapela-group.fr/text-to-...tive-demo.html
http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Do you know if an update of already bought devices (M92 for me) will be possible and at which price ?
We are going to implement the Acapela TTS engine in one of the next updates for free and afterwards offer the voice packs for TTS separately. So you can buy, download and install the voice you like from our store. The price of a voice pack will be around 5 EUR.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
We are going to implement the Acapela TTS engine in one of the next updates for free and afterwards offer the voice packs for TTS separately. So you can buy, download and install the voice you like from our store. The price of a voice pack will be around 5 EUR.
Very good news ! Thank you Booxtor
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #10
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:

Will this just be the M92 or will the 62HD get it also. I'm a big audio listener and this is exactly why I've wanted ereaders with TTS.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
I'll be the first to buy the spanish voice! 5€ is a competitive price
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Will this just be the M92 or will the 62HD get it also. I'm a big audio listener and this is exactly why I've wanted ereaders with TTS.

AJ
i62HD (and Firfefly) will get it too
Old 04-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
A bit offtopic: I really can't believe the number and scope of upgrades the M92 is receiving. It's not usual to get so many updates after a product has been released. First multitasking, now this.
Thank you Booxtor and Onyx! That's a fine way to keep customers
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
It is amazing indeed the amount of development extra features being released. You even start to wonder how it is financed given the fact that "Onyx is already almost fighting for surviving" (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ng#post2492346)
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #15
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Yup, but the M92 is it's flagship, it has a market niche that no other E-reader manufacturer is sharing (since Kindle DX went out of production) and I guess it's proving profitable. Probably more of a word-of-mouth thing than the result of efficient marketing.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote