Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2022, 06:33 PM   #1
clearscreen
clearscreen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 10gen
Hello, and help needed

Greetings, really happy to be on this forum I've discovered while trying to making my paperwhite 10gen to connect on my Amazon account.

I own a kindle paperwhite 10gen. Nothing special or advanced was done on this machine. I did not use it for 6 months and the date is stuck to February 2, 2022. The problem is that this seems to be an outdated certificate issue (the wifi is connected and the embedded browser manage to do a non-secure connection, although a secure one led to a message about certificate issue).

Trying to connect the to amazon existing account fails with a generic message. Trying to connect with account creation hangs the device.

Well, I've spent 2 hours with amazon chat agents, trying to be nicest as possible, even while explaining again and again because agent disconnection or chat hang. I've reset / factory reset and even installed 2 times the last firmware (I've found that G000 is a 10gen) so I've downloaded the update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2_5.14.3.0.1.bin and the second time I've said to the agent that a diff/merge tool showed the file was the same , anyway I did it and it did not work (of course).

I've tried to be in touch with devteam to request a modification of the GUI to have a full-date adjustment ... well kindly impossible to reach them.

Then I've discovered the ";" commands and guess the first command I entered was ";demo" lol, so I get in demo mode (so please be aware that some users do not buy demo ones but entered in demo by their fault).

Then ... I've discovered the "magic gesture" and the "battery trick" (not enough charged, too charged), then finally reversed to shipment mode (aka I resell it from me to me and went to where I was).

I've discovered the ";st" command, and tried every date string (I'm an Unix/Linux friend, but even with that, seems that the command was OK - because the dictionary output did not appear, but I think I'm wrong with the string).

So, I kindl(y) ask if someone could help me provide the string to enter either to move day/month date or alter full date because I feel that it could solve the connection issue.

I really do not want to come to hacking operations.

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
clearscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:11 PM   #2
clearscreen
clearscreen began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 10gen
Greetings all, does anybody has some idea about what to do ?

Seems that i'll have to jailbreak.

It's a pity that the device has not full date setting.

Am i the only one who has this problem ?

Nobody knows some people of developper team to add this feature - should be very simple !

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.
clearscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert