Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 01-25-2024, 05:11 PM   #1
JohnSundman
JohnSundman began at the beginning.

Device: none
No files in editor window

Total newbie question; apologies.

I wish to edit a book that's in my Calibre library. I can edit the metadata, and I can read the book using the Calibre reader. The metadata editor shows that the epub file is there, 1.1 MB. So I know the book is there.

When I click on 'Run check' it reports 'No problems found'.

But when I click on Edit book, the editor opens up but no files are listed in the left pane. There is no content to edit.

I'm using version 6.29, which is the most recent version supported on MacOS Big Sur, 11.7

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm stumped.
JohnSundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:31 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you edit calibre's Quick Start Guide?

Copy attached if you need it.

BR
Attached Files
File Type: epub Quick Start Guide - John Schember.epub (53.6 KB, 30 views)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:43 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Are you seeing the File Browser window at all? If so, is the File Browser checked under View? Did you do my favourite and undock the file browser to move it to a secondary monitor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	editor_view.png
Views:	41
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	206027  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:05 PM   #4
JohnSundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you seeing the File Browser window at all? If so, is the File Browser checked under View? Did you do my favourite and undock the file browser to move it to a secondary monitor?
No, I do not see the browser window at all, and yes, I did move things to a secondary monitor. That is a good clue. I will investigate.
Old 01-26-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
JohnSundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Problem solved! Under 'View' I did not have 'file browser' selected. I do now, and the files are there.

Thank you, friends!
Old 01-26-2024, 01:55 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good to hear your problem is solved.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote