Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-19-2023, 06:05 PM   #76
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I’m reading a short book it’s about 250 pages. It’s called Come Closer by Sarah gran. It’s very good I could barely put it down, but this woman is either possessed by demon or haunted or maybe she’s crazy? her and her husband hear strange noises a tap tap tap all the time. Her childhood imaginary friend becomes almost real, like a ghost in the house. I’m only 20% in and can barely put the book down. Seems to be a supernatural thriller. All these strange things happen in the woman’s life that seems to point towards a haunting.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 08:45 PM   #77
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also got caught up on my goal and I think I’m a slightly ahead. I think I’m on my 29th book so far this year and my goal is usually 50 a year. When I see people reading 100 or more books a year it completely confuses me how anyone could do that unless you really super fast or don’t have a job lol but I would eventually like to be able to hit 100 books a year but I can never quite do it seems like 48 to 55 is what I could hit. Days that I work I try to read at least 30 minutes to an hour and on my days off I try to read at least one to three hours.
Advert
Old 06-27-2023, 03:32 AM   #78
Quizlit
Enthusiast
Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Nearly halfway through the year (quickest year ever?) and about 60% through the goal of 60 books this year
Quizlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 10:47 AM   #79
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
May: Bought 3, read 14, TBR down 11 (to 659).
Success!
June: Bought 15(!), read 9, TBR up 6 (to 665).

First "failure" of the year. But I don't regret any of the purchases. Hopefully back to 2023-normal next month.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 02:26 PM   #80
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Goal Status through June:

Length Goals:
  • Total Books: 50 (stretch goal of 75) 46/50 - On Target
  • Total Pages: 15,000 (stretch of 20,000) - 15,192/15,000 - GOAL EXCEEDED
  • E-TBR Reduction: 25 - 12/25 - On Target
  • Read from Print-TBR: 10 - 14/10 - GOAL EXCEEDED

Substantive Goals:
  • Read at least 51% non-American authors - 41%/59% - Off Target - 10% change in the right direction from last month!
  • Read more female/nonbinary authors than male - 70%/30% - On Target
  • Read at least 52 short stories - 20/52 - Off Target
  • Read at least 10 books across all our collections that are selected by my wife. - 9/10 - On Target
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #81
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I also got caught up on my goal and I think I’m a slightly ahead. I think I’m on my 29th book so far this year and my goal is usually 50 a year. When I see people reading 100 or more books a year it completely confuses me how anyone could do that unless you really super fast or don’t have a job lol but I would eventually like to be able to hit 100 books a year but I can never quite do it seems like 48 to 55 is what I could hit. Days that I work I try to read at least 30 minutes to an hour and on my days off I try to read at least one to three hours.
Don't compare yourself to others. Some here have a lot of time for reading and some don't. I typically get in more than 100 books a year, but I'm retired now. I also used to listen to audiobooks on my 1 hour commute. Honestly, if you are getting in one book a month, you are doing better than most of the US population.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 05:34 PM   #82
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I completed little reading in June. 3 books plus a kid's book. I have 2 nearly done though. Acquisitions were up mostly due to the Audible member's sale.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:32 PM   #83
HLS
Wizard

I am reading Duma Key by Stephen King. I recommend if you prefer a more tame supernatural book. It's very well written and has a good steady pace so you do not get bored. Its 790 pages so it's an achievement to keep a good pace going. I am someone that gets bored fast and abandons a lot of books( I have a small attention span) and I made it to 80% finished in 1 week without giving up. Since it's such a huge novel I am counting it as 2 books in my annual countdown. My average book is 400 pages

Last edited by HLS; 07-04-2023 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:37 PM   #84
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Don't compare yourself to others. Some here have a lot of time for reading and some don't. I typically get in more than 100 books a year, but I'm retired now. I also used to listen to audiobooks on my 1 hour commute. Honestly, if you are getting in one book a month, you are doing better than most of the US population.
I buy a lot of audiobook companions, which help me get threw books a bit faster.
Old 07-04-2023, 05:19 PM   #85
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I am with HLS, I am about to retire so I have a lot more time then most people. You can't compare. Besides for me to go through one hundred books in a year has never been unusall for me, sometimes if I am lucky 130

Approaching my second goal now, 100 books. I left the first goal posts in the dust at 55 in the dust.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:11 AM   #86
HLS
Wizard

I skipped the last 15% of Duma Key. King sucks at endings and i did not have the strength to read threw 200 pages of useless dialog. At least I made it to 600 plus pages of the 790.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:39 AM   #87
Quizlit
Enthusiast
Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quizlit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4
Halfway through the year, 33 out of 60 so far, so slightly up. Maybe give me a chance to read some longer books later in the year.
Quizlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:47 PM   #88
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I normally do much better at updating my reading progress, but it was a full 3 months since I had last done that.

The last two weeks have done wonders for my progress though. I get a lot of reading done when traveling for work instead of with the family. I'm still behind schedule but I have now hit the half-way point in my goal, so that's something.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:20 AM   #89
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
June: Bought 15(!), read 9, TBR up 6 (to 665).

First "failure" of the year. But I don't regret any of the purchases. Hopefully back to 2023-normal next month.
July: Bought 10 (1 not added to TBR), got 2 freebies, read 8, TBR up 3 to 668

Second "failure" of the year! Worryingly, I still don't regret any of the purchases. Perhaps the offers will slow down in August...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:41 PM   #90
Tarana
Wizard

End of July Stats:
2023 Goals
60 books: 44
20,000 pages: 14,356
6 books over 600 pages: 1
6 books from GR WantToRead
Storygraph Mobile Reads Challenge: 4/12
Read 12 ebooks costing over $6: 7

Still keeping up on main reading goals, but falling a bit behind due to longish books and family health issues. My TBR is just going up, alas.

Last edited by Tarana; 08-07-2023 at 11:35 AM.