Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2016, 03:49 PM   #1666
MOYS
MOYS began at the beginning.

Device: kindyl classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The only id is one of the models with a white 'Kindle' at the top of the gray device.

Just to be sure what model we are talking about, use the first 4 characters
Terms like "Kindle Classic" are marketing terms and can (and do) vary by country.
Thank you.

First 4 numbers of my serial are: 9023
Model D01100
Software ver. 4.1.1 (1813030025)

According to this table it is: B0C6, 90C6 Kindle Basic (2014) KT2, BASIC If you happen to know why some of these begin in 90 instead of B0, I'm all ears [Support added in KindleTool 1.6.3]

What is worth to be mentioned is that I've already installed duokan with success, but I were trying to install KUAL (before and after installation of the Duokan file) and failed.

I'll be grateful for your help.
MOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:02 PM   #1667
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYS View Post
Thank you.

First 4 numbers of my serial are: 9023 <- key to our model nickname
Model D01100 <- Amazon's model name
Software ver. 4.1.1 (1813030025) <- there are only two, series 4 models

According to this table it is: B0C6, 90C6 Kindle Basic (2014) KT2, BASIC If you happen to know why some of these begin in 90 instead of B0, I'm all ears [Support added in KindleTool 1.6.3]

What is worth to be mentioned is that I've already installed duokan with success, but I were trying to install KUAL (before and after installation of the Duokan file) and failed.

I'll be grateful for your help.
You are reading the table wrong.
A 9023 is known here as a K4 and only K4 devices run that firmware version.

Duokan is your problem.
It is not one of our projects, the Chinese wrote it to be non-compatible with our add-ins on purpose.

My suggestion:
Get rid of it, we have an early version of KOreader that works on the K4 (Liberator - or some such name).

The best way to get rid of it on a K4 is to use Kubrick.

If you must keep Duokan, then get your help from that project's website (miui.com).

(phooey what a waste of # 12 000)

Last edited by knc1; 10-25-2016 at 06:06 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2016, 06:08 PM   #1668
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYS View Post
Thank you.

First 4 numbers of my serial are: 9023
Model D01100
Software ver. 4.1.1 (1813030025)
If 9023 is the first four of your serial no, then your model is:
Kindle 4 NoTouch Black (2012)

Quote:
Based on your serial no. and firmware version, you need to use KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2. The 2.0 version is for newer models and will not work on yours. Have you tried the 1.0 version of KUAL before installing duokan?
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #1669
Fewns
Fewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enoughFewns will become famous soon enough

Device: PW2
I installed and uninstalled the kual 2.7 booklet version onto my PW2 5.8.5.0.1;
(yes, sorry it's not really meant for this device)
now there remains a 'sticky' entry in my library; how can it be removed?
Fewns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #1670
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewns View Post
I installed and uninstalled the kual 2.7 booklet version onto my PW2 5.8.5.0.1;
(yes, sorry it's not really meant for this device)
now there remains a 'sticky' entry in my library; how can it be removed?
Yes, it is meant for that device.
It will run on ALL touchscreen models, from the original KT to the Oasis.
And since Amazon long ago announced they where dropping support for Kindlets, it is the version everyone will have to switch to at sometime.

Just put it back on the Kindle and use it.
(Nobody has complained (yet) about it being faster than the Kindlet version (it is) ).

- - - -
My guess:

The sticky on your device means it has been copied to the your Account's Amazon cloud.
You probably have to go to the "manage devices" section of your Amazon account page to get rid of it.
Advert
Old 11-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #1671
JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Edit:

I upgraded the FW to 5.8.2 for the customer release. Now, KUAL opens. However, when I go to install the "MR packages" from the helper menu, it kicks me out of KUAL to the home screen. I followed the directions in this subforum (MobilreadPackage Installer):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251143

Suggestions?

Last edited by JainaSJedi; 11-05-2016 at 07:29 PM.
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #1672
knc1
Going Viral

Please do not double post it is against the site guidelines here (so read them).

Please do not hijack threads, when having problems with the result of a jail break, the proper place is in the jail break thread.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #1673
MOYS
MOYS began at the beginning.

Device: kindyl classic
Gentlemen, I am very sorry for such delay, but unfortunately I had no time to get here. Where can I find this Kubrick to delete Duokan from my Kindle?
No I dodn't try to install older version of KUAL. Should I try now (with duokan on the board) or get rid of it and try on clear kindle firmware? Is liberator better than duokan?

Thank you in advance.
MOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #1674
knc1
Going Viral

First post of its thread, which is one of the sticky threads of this forum's index page.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #1675
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia
oumlaut has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, iPhone 7
Hi knc1,

Quote:
Yes, it is meant for that device. It will run on ALL touchscreen models, from the original KT to the Oasis. And since Amazon long ago announced they where dropping support for Kindlets, it is the version everyone will have to switch to at sometime.
Same problem on my KV. Just updated to 5.8.5.0.2. Having noticed that KUALBooklet_v2.7 doesn't work as expected, I uninstalled it with Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_uninstall.bin. KUAL (DOC) was still in my library.

Quote:
Just put it back on the Kindle and use it. (Nobody has complained (yet) about it being faster than the Kindlet version (it is)).
Reinstalled it. Still having problems with the Helper+ menu. Print Battery Status and Device ID don't respond at all. Installed KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 to test those two commands. No problems at all.

Quote:
- - - -
My guess:

The sticky on your device means it has been copied to the your Account's Amazon cloud.
That is right. Both versions (the kindlet and the booklet) appear both under ALL and DOWNLOADED on the Kindle menu which points me in the same direction.

Quote:
You probably have to go to the "manage devices" section of your Amazon account page to get rid of it.
However, neither version appears under "Your Content" tab at Manage Your Content and Devices.

So, the question remains. How can I get rid of KUALBooklet_v2.7? (Uninstalling the kindlet version is easy. Can be done either via Kindle or by deleting the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 file via SSH or via USB connection.)

Last edited by oumlaut; 11-21-2016 at 02:27 PM.
oumlaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #1676
knc1
Going Viral

Hmm...
The booklet uninstall doesn't work?

If you have SSH access, then just open the Booklet install script and un-do whatever it did.
(If you don't have a copy of the script that is included in the package, open the package with KindleTool.)
Old 11-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #1677
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumlaut View Post
So, the question remains. How can I get rid of KUALBooklet_v2.7? (Uninstalling the kindlet version is easy. Can be done either via Kindle or by deleting the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 file via SSH or via USB connection.)
My bad. There is a 0 B KUAL.kual file living under /mnt/us/documents. Deleting it does the job. Still, I expect Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_uninstall.bin to remove that file as well.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #1678
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumlaut View Post
My bad. There is a 0 B KUAL.kual file living under /mnt/us/documents. Deleting it does the job. Still, I expect Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_uninstall.bin to remove that file as well.
It is in a public repository, fix it and re-build the package.
The author is away from the site, but we can get a moderator to replace the current posting with yours.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:57 PM   #1679
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

Quote:
It is in a public repository, fix it and re-build the package.
The author is away from the site, but we can get a moderator to replace the current posting with yours.
My humble contribution may be limited to identifying the problem. I will look into it but I am not sure that I can fix it.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #1680
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia

Quote:
Hmm... The booklet uninstall doesn't work?
Missed that reply. No, it doesn't. Running Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_uninstall.bin leaves KUAL on the Kindle library.

Quote:
If you have SSH access, then just open the Booklet install script and un-do whatever it did. (If you don't have a copy of the script that is included in the package, open the package with KindleTool.)
I have figured out that the KUAL.kual file remains in /mnt/us/documents after the uninstall. (For those lacking SSH access, that is the /documents directory when you establish a USB connection.)

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified