Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2016, 01:30 AM   #1
harma
harma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo reader.. Suggestions please

Hi all.. I am looking for a Kobo e-reader and I have many concerns in choosing the best. I have sufficient budget. The thing is that I am not much aware about the specifications of e-readers. When searched for the e-reader I have found the Kobo Reader of Spark Innovations http://www.sparkinnovations.com/project/kobo-reader/. Is it like the normal e-readers? What is the difference between Kobo Reader and Kobo Vox E-reader? What all things I have to take care while buying a new e-reader? Please suggest some good Kobo e-readers.
harma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That looks like a bragging page. Spark Innovations appear to be some sort of design shop and did part (or maybe all) of the design of the Kobo Vox. That page just seems to be telling prospective customers of their past work on the product.

For an ereader, I recommend either the Kobo Glo HD or the Kobo Aura H2O. Maybe the Kobo Touch 2 if the budget is tight. Or maybe something else, possibly even a Kindle. But, exactly what I would suggest depends on what you want. What type of reading do you do? Where? Does size/weight/battery life matter? What format books do have? Without knowing your needs and desires, it isn't possible to know what to suggest.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Kobo Vox was a Kobo Android tablet without Google Play Store. It was sold for about 1 year. It was inspired by Amazon Fire tablet. Kobo had follow on tablet to Vox. Didn't sell well without Google play store and all of the Amazon extras to buy. Before Kobo Vox Kobo had e-reader app for Android and Apple Phone/Tablets that is ok leaving no good reason to buy a Kobo Tablet.

Kobo Tablet Forum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246

Last edited by filmo; 05-03-2016 at 11:15 AM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by harma View Post
Hi all.. I am looking for a Kobo e-reader and I have many concerns in choosing the best. I have sufficient budget. The thing is that I am not much aware about the specifications of e-readers. When searched for the e-reader I have found the Kobo Reader of Spark Innovations http://www.sparkinnovations.com/project/kobo-reader/. Is it like the normal e-readers? What is the difference between Kobo Reader and Kobo Vox E-reader? What all things I have to take care while buying a new e-reader? Please suggest some good Kobo e-readers.
The Vox is an LCD tablet. Since you are looking for a Kobo Reader, my suggestion is for the Kobo Aura H2O. The H2O is a very nice reader with a 6.8" screen. The lighting is very even and the battery life is very good. It uses a high resolution Carta screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:39 AM   #5
harma
harma began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you guys.. Got a lot of information. I am thinking to proceed with Kobo Glo HD.
harma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert