Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-05-2022, 09:30 PM   #1
benali72
benali72 began at the beginning.

Device: none
HTML files -> one PDF - How to ensure order?

Hi everyone,

I have 80 HTML files that I'm trying to convert into a single output PDF file.

I created a table_of_contents.html file that lists my HTML files in the order I want them in the output PDF file -- as per the instructions found here.

Thus my table_of_contents file contains something like this --

<html>
<body>
<h1>Table of Contents</h1>
<p style="text-indent:0pt">
<a href="chapter-0.html">Table of Contents</a><br/>
<a href="chapter-preface.html">Preface</a><br/>
<a href="chapter-1.html">chapter 1</a><br/>
<a href="chapter-2.html">chapter 2</a><br/>
.... etc ...
</p>
</body>
</html>

I then added that table_of_contents.html file as a new book with the Calibre GUI.

Then I try to convert it to PDF using the Convert option.

Regardless of whether I Convert Individually or Bulk Convert, I don't get the HTML files in the output PDF in the order I specified in the table_of_contents.html file.

I tried changing the HTML to ZIP plug from Depth First Order to Breadth First Order (in Preferences → Advanced → Plugins → File type and customize the HTML to ZIP plugin) but that didn't help either.

I'm sure I must be missing something. Does anyone know what?

Thank you.
benali72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
From the FAQ at the Calibre Help site.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...specific-order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2022, 11:21 PM   #3
benali72
benali72 began at the beginning.

Device: none
fixed!

Thank you, @theducks. I used the command ebook-convert and got it working that way. Cheers.
benali72 is offline   Reply With Quote