Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2022, 08:23 PM   #1
Burblebup
Enthusiast
Burblebup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
PDF zoom lock

So, am I the only one here who really wants Kobo to provide the capability to zoom in on a PDF to crop the margins and enlarge the text, and then scroll down each page rather than simply moving to the same position on the next page? The lack of this function is quite frustrating.
Burblebup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This isn't what you're asking for, but consider using KOReader. The PDF support is much better than on Kobo's software.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
This isn't what you're asking for, but consider using KOReader. The PDF support is much better than on Kobo's software.
That was true in the sense that Kobo was useless for most PDFs. But Scroll is horrible on eink, so now with Kobo zoom/crop lock, and it remembers setting per PDF, I took KOReader off my Elipsa. Didn't need it any longer.

If the image needs brightened or whatever I'll feed it through Imagemagick, but there is a PDF utility for Window.

I do use KOReader for epubs on the Mars (P78 is similar) because native reader is terrible for ePub, but it has every feature you'd want for PDFs, except it's only a 6.8″ screen.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
Burblebup
Enthusiast
Burblebup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
I installed KOReader once, but didn't like it. To be honest, I mainly read books with a single column of text, so my PDF needs are quite basic, really, and not enough to warrant the hassle of installing additional software. Many texts are fine when viewed in landscape on my Sage, but some could do with a bit of magnification. If Kobo could include the abovementioned capability to scroll down pages with the zoom lock on, and perhaps a contrast adjustment option, it would be perfect.
Burblebup is offline   Reply With Quote