Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2024, 10:15 PM   #1
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Tweak for cover grid navigation?

I live in Cover Grid mode within Calibre. I've also got about 2400 books in there, so it can be tough to find things with just scrolling or the extra steps of a search bar entry.

Is there a preference/tweak I can set to allow for typing navigation to the title of the book?

E.g. If focus is currently on the first book, is there a way to type 'Cuj' to have it zip down to Stephen King's 'Cujo'.

Currently typing anything while focus is in the grid activates the single key top level functions like 'E' for Edit Meta-data etc. Thanks -
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 10:31 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by John IV View Post
I live in Cover Grid mode within Calibre. I've also got about 2400 books in there, so it can be tough to find things with just scrolling or the extra steps of a search bar entry.

Is there a preference/tweak I can set to allow for typing navigation to the title of the book?
Don't think so, the book list will search on current column if the Preferences_>Searching->Use keyboard searching in the book list setting is checked (single letter shortcuts aside, see the tooltip).

AFAIK in Grid view there is no notion of current column.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2024, 10:39 PM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by John IV View Post
what BR said, but you can accelerate the search, using a grouped search alias, see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-02-05, 00_31_12.png
Views:	44
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	206213

I use t for title, so in that case I'd only type in the search

t:cuj
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 12:20 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Type / cuj and press enter. or to be more precise: Type / title:cuj and press enter. And using grouped search terms you can shorten the prefix to just t: instead of title:
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 10:16 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Keyboard shortcut for search is ctrl-F
So do that, then type the search entry as mentioned .

BTW ctrl-F is pretty much a standard for Search on most windows app that have a search.

The Calibre context menu (right-click) works in grid view
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2024, 02:25 PM   #6
John IV
John IV began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Thanks all, I'll implement these into my workflow. Cheers -
John IV is offline   Reply With Quote