Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
notregistered
notregistered began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) 3G + WiFi (4GB)
Question Kindle PW2 3G reports internal error on registering

Hello,

I have an old Kindle PW2 that I wanted to gift to my partner. The device is legitimate (I have been the sole owner since we bought it new from Amazon many years ago) and it recognises our WiFi and mobile hotspots. The Kindle store works fine, as does the experimental browser.

I have been in touch with Amazon support and followed all of their steps. They have examined the device logs and offered me a discount on future Kindle purchases.

Question to the group here: does anyone know of a fix for this issue? From what I can tell, resetting the Kindle doesn't actually roll back the firmware. The Wifi works. Amazon is happy to register the Kindle to my partner and have emphatically said they are not blacklisting the serial number (in fact they have now manually registered it to my partner's account on their end but the device itself doesn't seem to be aware of this).

It sounds to me like this is a software issue, perhaps related to 3G being disbanded?

Has anyone had any success fixing issues like this? I thought that perhaps jailbreaking might force the device to reset at a software level, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The device is running FW 5.12.2.1.1

Amazon technical support have previously examined the logs and can't seem to detect the issue.

Registration challenges aside, the device is working well.

Many thanks!

Last edited by notregistered; 12-16-2021 at 04:46 PM.
notregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:33 PM   #2
timothyblue
timothyblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Same issue

I have the exact same issue. I factory reset the device to that I could give it to my daughter. I have not been able to register it since.

Talked to many people at Amazon Tech support to no avail.

Not sure how to find any log files, etc. that could possibly give more information than internal-error.

~Tim
timothyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert