Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-07-2023, 07:44 AM   #586
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe it's because the KFX file on your device is "personal documents" not "book", you can check the file metadata with the "KFX Input" plugin:

```
$ calibre-debug -r "KFX Input" -- -j book_path
```

and looking for the value of "ASIN" and "cde_content_type"
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #587
iyner629
iyner629 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yes, you are correct.

cde_content_type is PDOC. And I can see the ASIN of the KFX file is updated by WordDumb properly.

Then I guess cde_content_type needs to be changed to EBOK, in order for the kll file to be picked up?

As far as I can see, all books from SendToKindle service are PDOC now. Not sure if it is a recent change.
iyner629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2023, 10:43 AM   #588
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If ASIN is updated then the book type should also be updated to "EBOK", don't know why it is not changed.

What about delete the book on your device then let the plugin sends the book?
Old 10-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #589
khuedinh
khuedinh began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
I have an error after use the plugin via Calibre

I'm using a PC.

Code:
Starting job: Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for The School of Life - An emotional education 
Job: "Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for The School of Life - An emotional education" failed with error: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 170, in do_job
  File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 53, in install_deps
  File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 146, in pip_install
  File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.utils", line 55, in run_subprocess
  File "subprocess.py", line 524, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['py', '-m', 'pip', '--disable-pip-version-check', 'install', '-U', '-t', 'C:\\Users\\dinhd\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\worddumb-libs-py3.12', '--no-user', 'https://github.com/explosion/spacy-models/releases/download/en_core_web_md-3.6.0/en_core_web_md-3.6.0-py3-none-any.whl']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Called with args: (ParseJobData(book_id=2, book_path='C:\\Users\\dinhd\\Calibre Library\\The School Of Life\\The School of Life - An emotional ed (2)\\The School of Life - An emotion - The School Of Life_x_ray_word_wise.epub', mi=, book_fmt='EPUB', book_lang='en', useragent='WordDumb/3.29.6 (https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb)', plugin_path=WindowsPath('C:/Users/dinhd/AppData/Roaming/calibre/plugins/WordDumb.zip'), spacy_model='en_core_web_md', create_ww=True, create_x=True, asin='', acr='', revision='', update_asin=False, kfx_json=None, mobi_html=b'', mobi_codec=''),) {'notifications': , 'abort': , 'log': }
khuedinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 09:56 AM   #590
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuedinh View Post
I have an error after use the plugin via Calibre
Please download the test version from GitHub Actions. spaCy 3.7 adds support of Python 3.12, WordDumb v3.29.6 still uses spaCy 3.6.
Advert
Old 10-10-2023, 09:19 PM   #591
iyner629
iyner629 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
In fact, worddumb does not change cde_content_type from PDOC to EBOK for the KFX file that is delivered by Amazon.

However, if I generate KFX with the KFX output plug-in, worddumb works well.

I guess the KFX format delivered by Amazon is different from that from the KFX output plugin.

The details are as follows:

Features: CanonicalFormat-2, kfxgen.pidMapWithOffset-1, kfxgen.positionMaps-2, kfxgen.textBlock-1, max_id-827, reflow-section-size-3, reflow-style-6, yj_jpegxr_sd-1
Metadata: ASIN=BBISHGDH1Q, asset_id=CR!K48T9JK9VD1FS2QT71CHAV8VWRN1, author="Tolkien, J. R. R.", book_id=ngvnx1GISRCkatp4-O8R2g0, cde_content_type=PDOC, content_id=BBISHGDH1Q, cover_image=866x1315, creator_version=2.15.0, description=..., file_creator=YJConversionTools, is_sample=False, issue_date=2023-10-11, kfxgen=20.12.238.0, language=en, nested_span=enabled, publisher=, reading_orders=1, selection=enabled, title="The Fellowship of the Rings"
iyner629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 08:21 AM   #592
xxyzz
Evangelist

I'm using the KFX Input plugin's code to update KFX metadata, maybe their code currently can't change the book type or I'm using the wrong API, I'm not sure.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:35 AM   #593
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.29.7

https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/releases/tag/v3.29.7
Old 11-12-2023, 05:51 AM   #594
ruthxm
ruthxm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle scribe
kll file missing in sdr document

I am here for help. I have a question regarding word wise.
I have been using the plugin smoothly until recently the kindle device (kindle scribe) is upgraded to the latest version.
The kll file is missing from the sdr document.
The word wise seems working well because there is no error message reported.
However, whenever I open the sdr document, there is no kll or other file in it.
I have installed the latest calibre version of 6.29.0 with worddumb 3.7.4 downloaded from github, and the latest python 3.12.
I wonder if I have taken some wrong step in the process. Please can someone tell me the right step?
ruthxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:50 AM   #595
xxyzz
Evangelist

Could you post more details? Like what's your configuration, book format and language.

And please delete the book on your Kindle and try the test version from GitHub Actions: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ac...uns/6851520148
Old 11-17-2023, 01:25 AM   #596
ruthxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Could you post more details? Like what's your configuration, book format and language.

And please delete the book on your Kindle and try the test version from GitHub Actions: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/ac...uns/6851520148
I am sorry for the delayed response.
I work on PC. The books are in English and are mainly from zlib, in the form of azw3 and mobi.
I have tried the test version from Github Actions. There is no error in Calibre or worddumb. (I just clicked each of the links in the "test window-latest" list and waited to see it ran automatically, is that the right way to check? )
I have been trying for days on my two kindles (KO3's firmware not upgraded and Kindle scribe upgraded to the latest 5.16.4) The KO3 seems work well with calibre, kll and asc files can be found in the sdr folders but the words definition are still ignored in the kindle pages.
The situation of kindle scribe is even worse than that. The digital book files can be seen in the kindle, but neither the kll nor the asc files are seen in the folders, although the worddumb gives no error report. Besides, there is even no sdr folder seen in the storage.
I wonder if there is some conflict between the latest firmware and calibre or worddumb? Thank you.

Last edited by ruthxm; 11-17-2023 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:47 AM   #597
ruthxm

Quote:

And I am terribly sorry because I made a huge mistake in dealing with the KO3. Now it works well with calibre and worddumb.
However, there is still nothing I can do with the kindle scribe. There is no kll file nor even the folder in the storage. What might be the problem with it then? Thank you.
Old 11-17-2023, 05:07 AM   #598
xxyzz
Evangelist

kindle scribe uses MTP to send files, that's very different from other kindle devices.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:20 AM   #599
ruthxm

Quote:
kindle scribe uses MTP to send files, that's very different from other kindle devices.
Thank you for your quick reply. Does that mean there's nothing I can do to it now?
Or if jailbreak May help?
Old 11-17-2023, 08:50 AM   #600
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthxm View Post
Thank you for your quick reply. Does that mean there's nothing I can do to it now?
Or if jailbreak May help?
I can read the calibre code to see how it handle the MTP protocol. And you could copy the files manually in the meantime.

Tags
worddumb, x-ray