Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-08-2019, 05:39 AM   #1
RobSys52
RobSys52 began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Tablet
Thumbs up Feature Request?

Hi all!

Not sure if this is the right place for a feature request. (If it's not, could one of the moderators move it to the correct place? Thanks...)

Anyway, I have several libraries in my Calibre installation and I switch between them constantly. I was wondering if there was some way of having an icon on the main toolbar for each library.

It would make switching between them so much easier...

RobSys52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is only 2 clicks for the current method? It takes longer to load a large Library, than the click and select, click.

BTW the last used (came from) Library sorts to the top of the list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
in windows.
you can create several shortcut for launch calibre
and set the target for each of your library.

in my case Target As
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe" --with-library "L:\Fiction" for Fiction
"C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe" --with-library "L:\FanFic" for Fanfiction

just changes the folder path to your library folder.
if you have 5 library you can create 5 shortcuts with different path.

Last edited by yonkyunior; 03-13-2019 at 02:19 AM.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@yonkjunior - but you would have to close calibre --with-library A before you could use calibre --with-library B, that would be much slower than switching via the library button drop down options.

@RobSys52 - FWIW: I switch libraries via the book list context menu using the Favourites menu, as you can see in the screen shot I have set it up so it is the easiest item to to get at.

Click image for larger version

Name:	{9BCA8B38-911E-4775-85DC-5747B698046C}.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	170191

This works for me because I either use keyboard shortcuts or the context menu key to drive calibre; except of course for the Program Preferences Manager panel

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-12-2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: mistake
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:34 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@RobSys32 - if you only want to refer to other libraries - i.e. read metadata and content, you could use the CalibreSpy plugin. You would then use your OS to switch from the main library GUI, into different instances of CalibreSpy that you would have started already. On Windows I use Alt+Tab and sometimes Win+Tab. The switching is fast because the databases are already loaded into the different instances of CalibreSpy.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
feature request