Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which shall be our final category for 2016?
Biography and Memoirs 17 48.57%
Humor 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #76
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I would say it is a point, it is not necessarily the point.
Well, there's always Listopia at GoodReads for those who want to nominate and vote.

Quote:
no dictatorship
I value this very highly indeed; I don't need my reading guided. But that's why I get frustrated by discussing books the majority of the selectors don't discuss.

Quote:
(just about everything is decided by poles);
When did the Polish members take over?

Quote:
Tom isn't going to boot anyone for expressing their opinion. The problem, IMO, is thinking he will and people continuing to want him to make unilateral decisions.
Of course he won't; I was being facetious. But I take the second part of your statement. People are allowed to their opinions, of course! And why not air them; it may turn out that others even agree. But they need to be voiced as an opinion and not a call to action.

Quote:
How many times does Tom need to say "let the nominations/voting decide" before people get the message.
Many more than he has already.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote