Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #91
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Norton is soooo cute. Does he dig up your neatness?
DAMN! how spot on that is! turns out my Strider cat thinks he is a gardener! he has knocked over about a third of my indoor seedlings, and then he has removed the ID tags from about half of what's left! little brat!

my fruit trees have bloomed and my mock cherry is a riot of pink. I should take a picture of that!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #92
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Garden Morals?

OK! Moral question....

As you can see, something delicious is overhanging the fence into our yard.

When it was just a flower dropping bits that blew under the back patio it was just a pest. But now, on the eve (probably a few weeks away) of being eatable, what should we do?

Bear in mind that the owner can probably see the delicious treats from his kitchen window and back balcony.

Any ideas?

Last edited by SneakySnake; 07-17-2011 at 01:47 AM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #93
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
OK! Moral question....

When it was just a flower dropping bits that blew under the back patio it was just a pest. But now, on the eve (probably a few weeks away) of being eatable, what should we do?

Bear in mind that the owner can probably see the delicious treats from his kitchen window and back balcony.

Any ideas?
theoretically it shouldn't be overhanging your fence. enjoy it!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 PM   #94
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
OK! Moral question....

Any ideas?
It's on YOUR side, right?

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #95
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Norton is soooo cute. Does he dig up your neatness?
Not yet, but whenever he does his business, he does this thing where he scraps the ground like a bull preparing to charge. It cracks me up. 25 pounds of pure attitude! Perhaps this is why they're also know as Dutch bulldogs.

This is my first real effort at a vegetable garden. Last year's effort was basically to dig holes, throw things in, and hope for the best. The "garden" produced lots of weeds and little else of note. By way of contrast, I've been preparing this year's effort since late Fall by tilling, adding lime, tilling, adding Miracle Grow soil, tilling, adding manure, tilling one last time to thoroughly mix everything, hoeing and hilling the rows, covering the rows with weed-resistant material, putting putting red mulch between them, and adding a border. The effort may still fail, but at least I'll be failing in style!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #96
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
OK! Moral question....

Any ideas?
by the way, what is the ovoid purpley thing?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK! Moral question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
theoretically it shouldn't be overhanging your fence. enjoy it!
My sentiments exactly!

Quote:

Any ideas?
A midnight harvest?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #98
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Not yet, but whenever he does his business, he does this thing where he scraps the ground like a bull preparing to charge. It cracks me up. 25 pounds of pure attitude! Perhaps this is why they're also know as Dutch bulldogs.

This is my first real effort at a vegetable garden. Last year's effort was basically to dig holes, throw things in, and hope for the best. The "garden" produced lots of weeds and little else of note. By way of contrast, I've been preparing this year's effort since late Fall by tilling, adding lime, tilling, adding Miracle Grow soil, tilling, adding manure, tilling one last time to thoroughly mix everything, hoeing and hilling the rows, covering the rows with weed-resistant material, putting putting red mulch between them, and adding a border. The effort may still fail, but at least I'll be failing in style!
FYI, careful with that bark, it can hide lots of nasties including fleas, and some places apparently have in the past put in hulls of cocoa beans... I'm sure you know that is a puppy problem. also they tend to be pretty splintery. here at Casa KK, gardening is almost always done barefoot, and quite often even more ummmm bare. those iddybiddy splinters are a bitch!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #99
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
FYI, careful with that bark, it can hide lots of nasties including fleas, and some places apparently have in the past put in hulls of cocoa beans... I'm sure you know that is a puppy problem. also they tend to be pretty splintery. here at Casa KK, gardening is almost always done barefoot, and quite often even more ummmm bare. those iddybiddy splinters are a bitch!
Thanks. I haven't been in the garden barefoot yet, and Norton in all honesty shows little interest. He stays out of it; he just likes coming out with me. Of course, when things really get growing, my biggest issue with Norton will be to convince him that I don't really need any help with the watering!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:07 PM   #100
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
by the way, what is the ovoid purpley thing?
Its the flower. And drops purple petals all the time.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #101
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks. I haven't been in the garden barefoot yet, and Norton in all honesty shows little interest. He stays out of it; he just likes coming out with me. Of course, when things really get growing, my biggest issue with Norton will be to convince him that I don't really need any help with the watering!
lol! just spray it off well! my pup loves green beans, tomatoes and carrots. she'll eat a lot other vegies as well, but those are not safe around her. I usually need to keep her out of the garden when things are getting ripe.

when I was a teen we had a pet raccoon we had fostered. he always liked to "help" in the garden. he was really good at picking peas, eating them too! and of course he never really got the hang of ripe vs. not.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #102
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
It's also edible.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #103
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's also edible.
so that's the banana tree flower?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #104
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's also edible.
Hmmm

Not the tough bits that fall down though?

Wouldn't I have to cut it off and get to the heart?

I am going to have to see Bob next door about it. He is the best neighbour you could hope for. He mows our front lawn and takes our excess passionfruit. I am sure he will share the bananas.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #105
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
so that's the banana tree flower?
Aye, it is, yes.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-banana-flower.htm

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote