Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
CBZ to MOBI -> Getting distorted images

Hi!

I have a whole lot of comic strips, most of them of size 600px x (ca.)200px and all GIF.

I've put them all into ZIP files and renamed those to "CBZ". Now when I put them into calibre and want to transfer them to my Kindle, I'm asked whether or not I want to convert. The resulting MOBI file has all the images doubled in width and stretched in heigh. So for example this one http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2007/01/01 has the first two pictures on the first page, but stretched in height and the next 2 pictures on the second page, also stretched in height.

Unfortunately there seemes to be no settings for the cbz plugin where I can tweak that.

Does anyone have any advice for me, except for KCC which unfortunately does not run on my old OS X?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
There are settings for comic conversion. Just click the convert button and in the conversion dialog there is a tab, where you could tweak the comic conversion. You just don't see any options, if you auto convert while sending a file.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a lot! That helped!

And made me realize that the comics are not readale at that size
Old 04-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
What device are you using? Comic strips should be readable on nearly all sizes. It would be a good idea, to put them in landscape, not in portrait mode. I don't know anymore, if you are able to do this directly in calibre or if it is necessary to first rotate the images with for example IrfanView. In landscape they should be readable. If you have images consisting of more than one strip, you could cut the images. For strips this is easy and can be automated, since they have a fixed layout.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Skeeve
Zealot

The images are 600 x (ca) 200 (every 7th is 600 x (ca) 460) and I have a Kindle 4 (no Touch). I've already tried Landscape, but it's still hard to read. Especially the "weekend-strips".

At the moment I'm trying to get snipstrip to work, but I'm failing to install the python imaglibrary on my old OS X 10.5.8.
Advert