Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2024, 11:51 AM   #1
bheeshmpita
Enthusiast
bheeshmpita began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Few jailbreaking related queries from newcomer

I recently bought kindle PW 11th gen (which i havent registered with amazon account) which has firmware ver is 5.15.1.1 so i think it can be jailbreaked with LanguageBreak jb.

I'm new to this thing (ereader and jb) so please help me by guiding me so that i dont commit any silly mistake. I have gone through jb instructions at LanguageBreak github page.

Here are some of my queries:
1. At present, the interface doesnt let me come out of the sideloaded ebooks when i read them ie there is no back button to come to the library/home screen and there is no toolbar that lets you change font size, orientation etc. Is this due to the fact that i havent registered the kindle. How can i fix this after i jb this device.

2. My primary aim for jb is to install koreader and send the files wirelessly (i think there is an option within the koreader for that). After jb does it matter whether i register this kindle to amazon or not? Once registered can i remove the amazon account too?

3. does jb voids that warranty? Can amazon know that i have jb the kindle? Can jb be removed if i need to send the device to amazon for the warranty (or the device gets bricked while jb)?

4. In languagebreak jb troubleshooting section the author mentions "This method works best around firmware version 5.16.2. Consider updating to this version to avoid compatability issues." Should i consider this before jb or only when such situation arises.

5. What is the purpose of KUAL (as it is mentioned in koreader installation guide)? Does it help in installing software apart from reader (as i am not interested in them) or is it something else?

6.What can be done to disable auto update of kindle?

Thanks
bheeshmpita is offline   Reply With Quote