Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2023, 10:06 AM   #1
sarcastic.guru
sarcastic.guru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
Question Any details on Kindle demo mode/ retail mode?

Hey guys.
I just came across the options in the Retail mode for Kindle and I was curious about what type of data could be loaded remotely in this mode and how could it be managed (no jailbreak).

Long story short: I have an old Kindle Basic (8th Gen). I am eager to find if there are any experiments, if someone has tested the retail options for the following use case... Let's say I wanna mount it on the wall and use it as a digital sign, simply displaying different pre-set images on a predefined schedule, or sequence, or even randomly.

I was wondering is this simple task possible through Retail mode. Especially, how does the option "Update Demo Kiosk & Marketing Content" work? What can be updated through it and how? What should be the format of the content?

I tried searching for know how on kindle demo / kiosk mode, but it did not return any results besides the help topics how could one Exit the mode.

Any knowledge here will be appreciated. Thanks.
sarcastic.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 11:42 AM   #2
sarcastic.guru
sarcastic.guru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
No one has ever explores this option? I cannot find any result online on how I could load any "marketing content".
sarcastic.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle demo mode, kindle kiosk mode, kindle retail mode