Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Valarauko
Valarauko began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Google Play Books on Amazon Kindle?

Hi Folks!

I got an Amazon Kindle PW3 last year. Until that I used to read in my cellphone and tablet via Google Play Books. Do you know if is possible to jailbreak the Kindle to allow install Google Play Books? I don't know if Amazon use Android or not, but is that possible?

Another question is, can I put my own screensaversI take a look to the wiki, but I don't know if the Kindle 3 is the same Kindle PW3.

Thanks for your help! I'm sort of new in this.
Valarauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
The K3 is the kindle keyboard so no it is not the same as the PW3.

No, you cannot put google play books on your PW3. That is an android app.

If you have special offers on your kindle, you cannot use screensavers.

It is actually best to have Amazon remove the special offers first.

On the jailbreak, let me hit report so you can be moved to the developer forum.

Be sure and look at the firmware of your device before starting the jailbreak.

Read all instructions and spoilers carefully in the jailbreak thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2016, 05:54 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Developer's Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote