Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
CC bought from Google Play

I have CC that I bought from Google Play. I cannot use the apk file to install on my Fire HD 6. I am assuming I will have to repurchase this app from Amazon, correct?
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have CC that I bought from Google Play. I cannot use the apk file to install on my Fire HD 6. I am assuming I will have to repurchase this app from Amazon, correct?
Unless you want to go to a lot of trouble, yes. Amazon did not include the google licensing services on Kindles.

The "trouble" is to install the google play store on the kindle. There are lots of sites out there that tell you how to do this. The problem is that (apparently) you must "root" your kindle, which is something that Amazon frowns upon.

I haven't tried the process on my Fire HD because I want to have a standard device for my tests.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Unless you want to go to a lot of trouble, yes. Amazon did not include the google licensing services on Kindles.

The "trouble" is to install the google play store on the kindle. There are lots of sites out there that tell you how to do this. The problem is that (apparently) you must "root" your kindle, which is something that Amazon frowns upon.

I haven't tried the process on my Fire HD because I want to have a standard device for my tests.
Thanks Chaley. I don't want to root my Fire so I'll just rebuy.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote