Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-04-2024, 11:49 AM   #11131
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I suspect he's having fun with the "xxx" (as in rated XXX).
Thanks, I see it now. That one flew right over my head. I'm slipping. LOL
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:52 PM   #11132
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Dreamscape -- limited time -- YMMV
As far as I can tell it ignores my subscribe attempt - anyone get any indication that yours was accepted?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2024, 02:09 AM   #11133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
As far as I can tell it ignores my subscribe attempt - anyone get any indication that yours was accepted?
Did you check your email to see if Dreamscape sent you an email with the promo code?

When I hit subscribe, nothing happened because they already had my data in their database. I then checked my email and found the promo code and download instructions.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:03 AM   #11134
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC Audio

CANCELLED ???

It appears there won't be a 15th season of Sync Audio's annual summer giveaway. The seasons start in April and they usually start announcing them in January. So far, there hasn't been any word as to when or if they'll even continue the program.

I can't find any information on their website, social sites, or anywhere else on the web. I've reached out to them and haven't received a reply.

Stay tuned.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:32 AM   #11135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audiobooks.com -- exp 22 Apr @ 11:59 pm ET

Quote:
Spring Sale (143 titles) -- $6.99 or less -- open to everyone

From now until April 22, get these audiobooks at super low prices!
Advert
Old 04-11-2024, 10:32 AM   #11136
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Audible US 2-for-1 Sale ends April 15th

https://www.audible.com/special-promo/2for1

April Showers Sale

Get 2 titles for 1 credit. Sale ends April 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM PT (US). Offer is available only for active Audible US Premium Plus members (gift memberships and Silver plans included). Only credit purchases on select titles are eligible for this sale.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:38 AM   #11137
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Only credit purchases on select titles are eligible for this sale.

Ugh. That invariably makes these sales utterly useless to me. That "select titles" is always "stuff I don't want and wouldn't spend even half a credit on."
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:34 PM   #11138
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Ugh. That invariably makes these sales utterly useless to me. That "select titles" is always "stuff I don't want and wouldn't spend even half a credit on."
It’s Audible’s (Amazon’s) variation of price discrimination. When everything effectively/officially costs the same*, there has to be some way of marking down the carp without seeming to. At the same time, they’re mopping up some credits, which will keep people reupping. And one reason they reup is to have access to the sales. Some people still drink the Kool-Aid.**

*Yeah, I know the true carp always costs less than the credit price, but that’s ancillary to this game.

**There are also those who get full value for whatever they pay per credit and I’m not talking about them.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:10 PM   #11139
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
While that is usually the case for me, I actually found 2 titles to pick up in this sale. It helps that I am on a "trial" for the umpteenth time at 99 cents/month for 3 months. So these audiobooks cost me 50 cents each.

Quote:
**There are also those who get full value for whatever they pay per credit and I’m not talking about them.
This is me today. Every now and then the heavens smile down.

The Vital Question: Energy, Evolution, and the Origins of Complex Life By: Nick Lane
https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Vital...ook/B00YI0FGMA

The Good Virus: The Amazing Story and Forgotten Promise of the Phage By: Tom Ireland
https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Good-...ook/B0C31D81LR

Last edited by ngrant; 04-11-2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:25 PM   #11140
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
While that is usually the case for me, I actually found 2 titles to pick up in this sale. It helps that I am on a "trial" for the umpteenth time at 99 cents/month for 3 months. So these audiobooks cost me 50 cents each.
Just for the sake of being contentious, I’d argue that the books actually cost you the value to you of whatever single book you’d have got instead with the credit!

It’s so easy to apply rationality to other people’s decisions. I’m on the same trial, thanks to a heads up from you, and my typical MO is to let the credits pile up until I need to quit and then make insufficiently considered decisions. So what do I know?

…and the clock is ticking for me on this.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:26 PM   #11141
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Link for Audible daily book and all sales.

https://www.audible.com/ep/audiobook-deals

15% off 3 credit bundles deal is back.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 01:24 PM   #11142
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It’s so easy to apply rationality to other people’s decisions. I’m on the same trial, thanks to a heads up from you, and my typical MO is to let the credits pile up until I need to quit and then make insufficiently considered decisions. So what do I know?
I use the Wishlist to store titles that seem interesting, then hope they come up on sale or 2-for-1. Even so, I don't feel too hard-done-by at 99 cents per title though
Old 04-12-2024, 01:29 PM   #11143
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Audible UK 2 for 1 sale ends 4/20

https://www.audible.co.uk/special-promo/2for1
Bring the Spring Sale
Get 2 titles for 1 credit

If you're already a member, you can get 3 Extra Credits £18.00

The regular plans at Audible UK are much better priced than the US. You can be a member of both, just use a different email address. My US credit card works fine for payment, or you can "gift" yourself a subscription.

Audible Premium Plus 2 Credits £14.99 a month.
Audible Premium Plus 12 Credits £69.99 per year.
Audible Premium Plus 24 Credits £109.99 per year.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:45 PM   #11144
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
https://www.audible.co.uk/special-promo/2for1
Bring the Spring Sale
Get 2 titles for 1 credit

If you're already a member, you can get 3 Extra Credits £18.00

The regular plans at Audible UK are much better priced than the US. You can be a member of both, just use a different email address. My US credit card works fine for payment, or you can "gift" yourself a subscription.

Audible Premium Plus 2 Credits £14.99 a month.
Audible Premium Plus 12 Credits £69.99 per year.
Audible Premium Plus 24 Credits £109.99 per year.
That's a big difference! I have an account @UK but haven't had credits for a few years. I thought it was against terms to have two accounts.

Also, does anyone know, if I log out of one Audible account and into another, will the 200 books downloaded on my phone disappear and have to be re-downloaded?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 02:22 PM   #11145
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Also, does anyone know, if I log out of one Audible account and into another, will the 200 books downloaded on my phone disappear and have to be re-downloaded?
I would say Yes. If you have 2 accounts, I don't recommend logging out and in. Use one login on the app and access the other through your browser. With Kindle Fires and Echo Show 5s being so cheap (especially refurb deals on Woot!), I keep one dedicated to the US account, and another on the UK account. The Echo Shows are great, I can just ask Alexa to "read my Audible book" and she will resume the audio from the last known position. Lazy yes but cool. Incidentally, since I have lived in and have relatives in both countries I do have valid mailing addresses in both.