Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #1
itoulee
itoulee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura one comic edition
Unhappy My new Aura one comic edition cannot boot up

Hi all,
Sorry to bother and thanks for your time to read this.
I just buy a new Aura one comic edition and install KSM09 + koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1503-g5357fdd. But one time I power down, the kobo doesn't power on again. Even I long press the power button, it will be go to blue-red blink then light off, but screen doesn't any affect and never go to recovery stage.
Could someone have similar problem or suggestion for this? I don't have magnetic cover etc accercery.
Thanks.
Br
Gen
itoulee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no Aura One comic edition.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is no Aura One comic edition.
As Kobo marketed the Aura ONE Limited Edition as a device for comics, I don't think the OP's description is unreasonable.

@itoulee: If you shutdown the device, the cover wouldn't help. That is only used to wake the device from sleep.

Plug it in and charge it for an hour or then try again. Otherwise, you will probably need to do a factory reset. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2 for how to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
itoulee

Hi JSWolf,
Thanks for your reply. I think it would be called Kobo Aura ONE コミック(comic) Edition in japan, maybe it's named limitation edition. Please correct me if wrong. But seems it treat as Kobo Aura one as same.
Br
Gen
Old 02-07-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
itoulee

@davidfor, thanks your kindly help.

If you shutdown the device, the cover wouldn't help. That is only used to wake the device from sleep.
Actually current screen always display "power off", I try to press power key by several ways, short press, long press(5s, 10s, 20s, 30s) to blink different light. But no response from kobo.

Plug it in and charge it for an hour or then try again. Otherwise, you will probably need to do a factory reset. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2 for how to do this.
I should charge it more than one hour and follow this guide to do factory reset. But unforuntly I can see the red-green light blink, but screen doesn't display recovery or restore something like that.
Any other more suggestion or hints?

Many thanks.
Br
Gen
Advert
Old 02-07-2018, 02:02 PM   #6
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by itoulee View Post
[...]KSM09 + koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1503-g5357fdd[...]
I can't find this version of Koreader. How did you install koreader? With KSM09 you should just copy the koreader folder and its contents into .adds on the memory. If you used a KoboRoot.tgz file from koreader-v2015.11 to install it, this could be the problem. For more information I would need this particular Koreader version.

Anyways try a factory reset and see if this helps, this might fix it.

If you still want to install KSM09 and Koreader do it in the following way. First install KSM09 and check if everything works like it should. Then extract the koreader folder of the latest version of Koreader (koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1457-g7feea40.zip), just extract the koreader folder inside the zips into .adds.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I should charge it more than one hour and follow this guide to do factory reset. But unforuntly I can see the red-green light blink, but screen doesn't display recovery or restore something like that.
Any other more suggestion or hints?
Sorry, in the state you describe, a manual factory reset is all I can think of. The instructions need to be followed completely as all steps and the timing are important.

The only other thing is if the screen is damaged. If so, it could be starting but not showing anything. If you can see any unusual lines, that can be a sign of a damaged screen. If you can post a good photo of it, we can comment.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the screen change to ask what you want to do when you plug the KA1 into the computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #9
itoulee

@Namenlos, maybe you are right. The koreader version I may need use the most person used one, not the really latest one. If kobo can boot up again, I will take care of this. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:12 AM   #10
itoulee

@davidfor, Thanks for your kindly help. I upload a shot, kobo screen doesn't change anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	325
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	162142  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:14 AM   #11
itoulee

@JSWolf, the screen doesn't change anymore, only LED work. So I think it should be in uboot stage.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@davidfor, Thanks for your kindly help. I upload a shot, kobo screen doesn't change anymore.
I can't see anything wrong with the screen.

If the factory reset doesn't work, the only other suggestion is to leave it plugged in overnight. Quite a few Kobo devices have come back to life after this.

Otherwise, I'd try to exchange it as defective. Installing KSM and Koreader shouldn't cause this, and they don't block the factory reset. It sounds like something else is wrong.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:21 AM   #13
itoulee

@davidfor, Fully agree with your comments. Let me continue try more.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:14 AM   #14
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't see anything wrong with the screen.[...]
Sometimes you don't see the damage at all: https://imgur.com/KShJ4pg this was the only faint hint at a broken screen after turning it on and off 5 times. https://imgur.com/inK9HcO This after a week pause and 30 times trying to reset.

Last edited by Namenlos; 02-08-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:08 AM   #15
itoulee

@Namenlos, thanks. I really don't know what happen, only can confirm from develop point of view, it can be boot up, but no further action for factory reset or etc. I am keep trying, but seem I waiting for a miracle.