Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
The Simple Pleasures Thread (or, little stuff that gives me the happies)

This thread is for stuff that makes you happy.
Little things that make you smile.

Why? Because I want there to be a thread that we can all just open when we're feeling kind of blue, and see things that make us smile and feel better.
This will also be a good thread for just sharing the amazing little things that make us feel good.

Images/videos encouraged.

I'll begin.

Doggies having fun. Just gotta smile when there's a doggie party!

~also~

Penny candy. Went to the 7-11 with two bucks and got 25 different kinds of candy. Felt like I was 8 again.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bubble bath.

Especially if you add in a nice, stiff G&T.

And a good paperback mystery-

Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
What a terrific idea for a thread.

Definitely Karma worthy.

Cheers

(I have so much to be thankful for, that I cannot pick just one at the moment.)
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
was that your video of the dog park? we puppy park almost every day! i think that business park meetings should be conducted under puppy rules ;o)

happy tails to you!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Silly as it sounds, when I'm woken in the morning, about 30 minutes before my alarm goes off, by my cat who wants to be in the bedroom. We'll let them in (only one will let himself known, the other is quiet but usually the first in the bedroom if we open the door) and then they'll jump on the bed and act as if they haven't seen you for ages...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Being woken up gently by a moist nose kiss from my Goldie cat.
[of course, if I don't respond to this, it's followed by a gentle paw slap to the face!]

Since it's early morning, she doesn't meow, but instead makes little "wuffing" noises like a puppy!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
coinín
dust bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
What a terrific idea for a thread.

Definitely Karma worthy.

Cheers

(I have so much to be thankful for, that I cannot pick just one at the moment.)
I'm glad you like it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
was that your video of the dog park? we puppy park almost every day! i think that business park meetings should be conducted under puppy rules ;o)

happy tails to you!
Nope, just generic "playing at dog park" search result on youtube. I love going by the dog park and watching the hounds frolic with each other. Who can be miserable with that going on before your eyes?

I am glad I am not the only one that gets a good deal of happy out of my small furry friend waking me up in the AM.

This morning, I got a dose of happy from Louis Armstrong. Satchmo makes me feel good!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
A purring cat curled up on your belly.
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Strawberry Ice Cream
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Making cookies with my son so he can take them in for his valentine's day party at school.

Quote:
i think that business park meetings should be conducted under puppy rules ;o)
I am not sniffing my boss's butt!! Although are a couple of women in customer service and accounting .....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Making cookies with my son so he can take them in for his valentine's day party at school.

I am not sniffing my boss's butt!! Although are a couple of women in customer service and accounting .....
now now! that's the handshake!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
now now! that's the handshake!
In that case ....

Hello KK, I'm Dave .... lets shake hands ....
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #13
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Chickadees at the birdfeeder on the window.

(Not my picture, but it'll do.)
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
In that case ....

Hello KK, I'm Dave .... lets shake hands ....
*giggle* here's the puppy park yesterday (and yes, that's my dog, but not me)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	056.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	66669   Click image for larger version

Name:	057.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	66670   Click image for larger version

Name:	059.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	66671  
Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
*giggle* here's the puppy park yesterday (and yes, that's my dog, but not me)
KK, I have a doggie that looks just like that only shorter fur. She loves me the most of anybody in the world and makes me feel very special. I love her back with all my heart.

She turns 9 years old today ... my little Valentine's gift born to a mother that wouldn't care for her. I bottle fed her around the clock and she now weighs 170lbs. Vet says she is a Newfoundland but her mother was German Shepherd.

I named her Faith because she wasn't expected to live. We call her Faithie. She brings me happiness every day.

Last edited by wvcherrybomb; 02-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote