Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 02:26 PM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Okay, I have taken a shot at incorporating special Bulk Rename routines so that epubs with thousands of files can do renaming (with RegexRename).

I have also incorporated this issue patch to allow a case only rename.

But there can be lots and lots of corner cases on various platforms, so this one is going to need a lot of testing and feedback.

Sigil master now has all of these changes. Anyone who builds from source, please give it a try and please point out any irregularities when it comes to file renaming, moving, restructuring, etc.

We have about 3 months (or so) until the next release so please pound away on current master of Sigil and let me know what if any difficulties you run into. I would like to iron any kinks out long before the next release.

Thanks
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 01:54 AM   #32
KarlG
Enthusiast
KarlG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Working well for me. I also did a mass rename of the more than 7000 images in the test file I sent earlier and that didn't present any issues either.

Took a bit longer on my machine, but that's to be expected as it's from 2017 and only has 16GB of RAM
KarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:53 AM   #33
KarlG
Enthusiast

Small issue detected. If I rename a file on the left hand side, and the file is already open, the name on the tab doesn't update. I have to close it and reopen it before it picks up the new name.
Old 04-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #34
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
I'd be happy to help testing, but I'm new to this build from source stuff. If I get the "latest release" of the source from the gitHub page, will it have these changes, or do I need some other file?
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 11:32 AM   #35
KarlG
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
I'd be happy to help testing, but I'm new to this build from source stuff. If I get the "latest release" of the source from the gitHub page, will it have these changes, or do I need some other file?
Yes, it will have the changes. That's where I download from
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil
Old 04-09-2024, 01:45 PM   #36
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
@KarlG, got it, thanks. I'll find some books with lots of files and explore the renaming, moving and so on.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 04:31 PM   #37
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Small issue detected. If I rename a file on the left hand side, and the file is already open, the name on the tab doesn't update. I have to close it and reopen it before it picks up the new name.
This should now be fixed in master.

Thanks for the testing and bug report!
Old 04-09-2024, 04:42 PM   #38
KarlG
Enthusiast

Don't think this is connected with the new renaming code, but I've discovered another issue. If you right click on an image on the left-hand side and select 'save as', the save dialog appears as expected. However, if you double-click on the image and then right click on the image preview in the middle and select save as, you get an error message saying the file doesn't exist (as shown in the attached image)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saveerror.png
Views:	28
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	207441  
Old 04-09-2024, 05:27 PM   #39
KevinH
Sigil Developer

It is an old old bug. Just pushed a fix for this to master.

Thank you for your bug report.