Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
ClausG76
ClausG76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura HD compared to H2O V2 and One

Hello
I have ovned a Kobo Aura for some time now. I use it to read epub, mostly purchased and downloaded from Google play store. But I would like to know what have improved with the latest generation of the Kobo readers like One and H2O v.2. Will they be snappier to maneuver in the menus and libraries and do they have better touch screens compared to the Aura HD?
Thanks
ClausG76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
There's a subthread discussing the Aura HD here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=286521
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2017, 03:03 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You don't want an Aura HD. The screen contrast is not nearly as good as the Carta screen of the H2O/H2O2 and One.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
ClausG76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You don't want an Aura HD.
The screen contrast is not nearly as good as the Carta screen of the H2O/H2O2 and One.
Thanks. But i already own the Aura HD
I was mostly asking if it's worth upgrading to a Aura one. Will the Aura one be more responsive in menus and turning pages. I understand that the screen would an improvement. Also the waterproffing
Old 07-02-2017, 12:55 AM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClausG76 View Post
Thanks. But i already own the Aura HD
I can understand the confusion. Your original post says you have an Aura, which is a very different device from the Aura HD. I read your OP as saying you have an Aura, and now you're considering upgrading either to Aura One, H2O2, or Aura HD.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I can understand the confusion. Your original post says you have an Aura, which is a very different device from the Aura HD. I read your OP as saying you have an Aura, and now you're considering upgrading either to Aura One, H2O2, or Aura HD.
And there is no such Reader as "Jobopslag Aura HD".
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The title of the thread is "Kobo Aura HD compared to H2O V2 and One" and the content of the post asks "what have improved with the latest generation of the Kobo readers like One and H2O v.2. Will they be snappier to maneuver in the menus and libraries and do they have better touch screens compared to the Aura HD?"

So apart from one missing 'HD' it appears pretty clear what's being asked?

Perhaps the OP would be better posting the query again directly in the Kobo forum?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:06 AM   #8
ClausG76

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. English is not my main language. And also I might have forgotten to change the keyboard language to English on my phone.
I own an Kobo Aura HD ebook Reader. I am tempted to upgrade to a better device. So the main purpose of this thread was to ask if an upgrade to Kobo Aura H2O V2 or Kobo Aura One is worth the money spend. I don't know how much the ebook readers improves for every generation that passes. I have been thinking about it for some time, because my Aura HD has a couple of flaws. For instance, it will some times turn 3 pages back, instead of 1 forward when I'm reading. But i haven't noticed it lately. Maybe it's because I upgraded the firmware, or because I'm suddenly operating it differently.

Last edited by ClausG76; 07-04-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:54 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the Aura HD is still working and you are happy with it, then it probably isn't worthwhile upgrading to the Aura H2O E2. Unless you need a waterproof ereader. You lose the SD slot, but get more internal memory. How important that is depends on the number and size of books you read. The performance should be the same. The only other thing you might really notice is the new front light.

An upgrade to the Aura ONE is a bit different as the extra size might be something you want. Plus it is the only device with the full Overdrive support. All the other factors are the same as for the Aura H2O E2.

Of course, if the real point of the question is that you want a new toy, then do it Go for the Aura ONE. Keep the Aura HD if you need something a little more portable.

As to the page turning problems you have seen, that does sound like a firmware problem. I seem to remember that happening a while ago. It only lasted for one or two versions. Did you put off upgrading the firmware for a while?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I have an Aura HD--and for Christmas this year I received an Aura One. I find both to be very good readers. I still use the HD occasionally--and I don't mind the screen at all. But, when I compare it side by side to my Aura One, I'm amazed at how much clearer the screen on the Aura One is. I also like the larger screen size of the Aura One for reading.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote