Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 09:03 AM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jon I do have on my to-do list an update to a driver David for had created that adds support for newer Kobo's to older calibre builds...

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 09:06 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Jon I do have on my to-do list an update to a driver David for had created that adds support for newer Kobo's to older calibre builds...

Will it work with calibre 3.48?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2024, 09:38 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The original version did....

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 11:56 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The original version did....

That's good news.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:01 PM   #20
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will it work with calibre 3.48?
As far as I could find out, that version is from 2019. Is there anything special about it? Like, why do people want to use a piece of software that is outdated for 5 years?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2024, 02:07 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
As far as I could find out, that version is from 2019. Is there anything special about it? Like, why do people want to use a piece of software that is outdated for 5 years?
One reason is they are running an old OS (such as Windows 7) that won't allow a later version of calibre. Some just don't bother to update calibre or their computer. I've given lots of advice to update Windows 7 to Windows 10 64-bit.

Something is not working but because I didn't bother to update Windows 7 to Windows 10. I cannot upgrade calibre. Help!

But in the case of MacOS, they may have too old a computer and the solutions are to install an unsupported MacOS and hope it runs well enough, install Boot Camp (if it's an Intel Mac) and dual boot Windows 10, or buy a new computer.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-02-2024 at 02:09 PM.