Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2024, 04:41 PM   #196
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
I'm running 861 as well
A difference may be that I installed NickelClock+NM over 861, not before the upgrade. My device updated to 861 during the set-up
I installed Menu and Clock on .22861. No flashing.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:39 PM   #197
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I have to retract my comment that said it was working on the Libra Colour. It didn't happen yesterday when I installed it and read for an hour, but today when I started to read it started to happen.

I ended up doing as Lys said and going to the home page then going back into the book and it stopped doing it.
gyrene2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:59 PM   #198
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
I'm running 861 as well
A difference may be that I installed NickelClock+NM over 861, not before the upgrade. My device updated to 861 during the set-up
Same here. I'm still getting the flashing when I look up a word, but going to the home screen will make it stop doing so, as mentioned
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 10:59 AM   #199
sirgawain
sirgawain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparajoy View Post

That said, I've done a manual port and upgrade from .39.22801 to .39.22861 and in the new firmware I'm not getting any flashing at all in the header, including in scenarios where previously I could reliably trigger it. I think Sherman was right in that it had nothing to do with his code, and was merely a more obvious side effect of a different bug in the firmware as a whole that seems to be patched out now.
FWIW, I am running 22861 on the color and am 100% getting flashing in the header (clock flashes every minute).
sirgawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:01 AM   #200
sirgawain
sirgawain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I'm running 861 as well
Same -- device was updated (automatically during setup) before I installed NC.
sirgawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:48 PM   #201
sparajoy
sparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Clara Colour
Okay for posterity I have managed to track down a very reliable trigger for the flashing redraw in the header: the highlight action. Opening a book and highlighting some text (even if you immediately undo it) seems reliably to trigger the flashing redraw, even on the latest firmware. Exiting the book and reloading it will make the flashing stop.
That being said, I'm also seeing the flashing happen on the center of the header, where the chapter progress is displayed, so I am still very certain that there's nothing in the code of nickelclock that causes or could prevent this, but in case anyone wants to forcefully trigger it for testing purposes highlighting is very consistent. I think any action that displays one of the modal menus (where you can add a highlight, or else search a word in the dictionary, etc) will do this.
sparajoy is offline   Reply With Quote