Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2023, 12:06 PM   #76
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patitapetit View Post
Thank you
But feel free to ask questions. The first post still needs an easier explanation on where to get what.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 01:54 PM   #77
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Ah yes, it should be changed to "look up the port number when you enable debug mode in bluestacks"
Fixed.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2023, 02:03 AM   #78
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
Installed K4A 4.16.0.75 on my phone. Do I need to actually open it and go thru set up before continuing with this slightly-confusing-but-exciting operation? I assume so because Amzn will need me to log in, right?

(I've never used K4anything before)
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:08 AM   #79
Ma'am-I-Am
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But feel free to ask questions. The first post still needs an easier explanation on where to get what.
For Dummies, please.
Step 1, step 2, check for this, etc. I can't do-si-do with 2 left feet.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:38 AM   #80
Ma'am-I-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Typo/brain-fart. Fixed.

I tested with this book, which was published on February 10 and cannot be downloaded with K4PC. (It was also free at the time.)
Huh. I just borrowed that book from KU, sent it to my phone, copied it from my phone to another folder (I have no idea why), and dragged it into Calibre. Showed as azw3, opened with no DRM warning.

No Bluestacks needed.
Advert
Old 02-24-2023, 06:26 AM   #81
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
Huh. I just borrowed that book from KU, sent it to my phone, copied it from my phone to another folder (I have no idea why), and dragged it into Calibre. Showed as azw3, opened with no DRM warning.

No Bluestacks needed.
If you have a real physical Android device (phone, tablet), then you don't need Bluestacks. If the book has DRM, you would still need to extract the key from your phone. You will need to use adb for it. A file as AZW3 does not have DRM, but a PRC file would. Also you must not let the Kindle app update. Sideloaded with Bluestacks won't, by default.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:03 PM   #82
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle e Ink
Quote:
If you have a real physical Android device (phone, tablet), then you don't need Bluestacks. If the book has DRM, you would still need to extract the key from your phone. You will need to use adb for it. A file as AZW3 does not have DRM, but a PRC file would. Also you must not let the Kindle app update. Sideloaded with Bluestacks won't, by default.
Hello. It says the Kindle Key is encripted? And now?
I Like madam have a tablet with the K4A ownedforcats told
Patitapetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 12:52 PM   #83
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Hello. It says the Kindle Key is encripted? And now?
If you are having problems with DRM removal it would be best to ask for help at NoDRM's GitHub.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 12:58 PM   #84
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Would an updated Kindle app use a different "ID" than the one it updates?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:12 PM   #85
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Yes. And AFAIK, the updated app won't allow extraction of key and/ or use KFX which would make it useless for DRM removal.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:16 PM   #86
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle e Ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
If you are having problems with DRM removal it would be best to ask for help at NoDRM's GitHub.
Nooo the Kindle Key in Android says It IS encripted
Patitapetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:19 PM   #87
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
It should use the same encryption key. Amazon retains the key so that books downloaded prior to the update can still be read. However if it updates to version 4.18 or later it will download books in KFX format. With version 8.22 (released in 2019) or later the KFX DRM will not be removable.

Last edited by jhowell; 02-24-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:31 PM   #88
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nooo the Kindle Key in Android says It IS encripted
What is the exact message you are receiving and at what point in the process does it occur?
Old 02-24-2023, 08:29 PM   #89
Ma'am-I-Am

Quote:
I should have noted that the files I dragged into Calibre were .prc. Once in Calibre, they showed as .azw3.

How do I keep the app from updating? There's nothing in the app settings to prevent this.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:36 PM   #90
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
I should have noted that the files I dragged into Calibre were .prc. Once in Calibre, they showed as .azw3.

How do I keep the app from updating? There's nothing in the app settings to prevent this.
I got not attempts for it to update, but my advice to keep a backup of the apk file.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote