Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2024, 05:52 PM   #1
nightrain
nightrain began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara
Help extracting Caecilia Condensed

I'm not able to find Caecilia Condensed anywhere on the web. My understanding is that it can be extracted from the firmware images, but I can't seem to mount the IMG on my Mac to be able to browse the contents. Could anyone share these font files?

Caecilia_LT_67_Cond_Medium.ttf
Caecilia_LT_68_Cond_Medium_Italic.ttf
Caecilia_LT_77_Cond_Bold.ttf
Caecilia_LT_78_Cond_Bold_Italic.ttf
nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 04:28 AM   #2
tinbilly
tinbilly began at the beginning.

Device: koa
You might want to look into this thread.

Last edited by tinbilly; 05-15-2024 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Edit
tinbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2024, 12:44 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I don't think the tool for unpacking the Kindle upgrade file is available in a Mac version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:13 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well color me shocked! I compiled the version I'm using from the GitHub source and instructions and never noticed that pre-compiled versions were available. Heck, I missed the mention of compiling for OSX in the compiling instructions.
Advert
Old 05-16-2024, 01:30 PM   #6
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I am afraid the Condensed version is artificially rendered on the fly. That’s what I remember from NiLuJe’s Font Hack (in Snapshots)
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:36 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I am afraid the Condensed version is artificially rendered on the fly. That’s what I remember from NiLuJe’s Font Hack (in Snapshots)
That may have been the case with older Kindles, newer Kindles have the condensed font version.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-17-2024 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:23 PM   #8
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Caecilia is an evolution of Courier, so you may look at that family for replacement. Vast majority of them are freeware.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caecilia, fonts