Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-18-2023, 09:41 AM   #1
kapqa
Enthusiast
kapqa began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t2, prs-900, kobo sage
Good Ereader with Kindle App?

Hello ,

would like to buy an new ereader,
possibly not amazon kindle,

but it should have possibility to run kindle app (android),

are there any good suggestions?

it should stay within the 180 euro range,
rather basic, max 7 inch.

only candidate i found is from inkbook one model,

maybe there are other models (chinese) available?

thanks.
kapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 09:47 AM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
There is the BOOX brand. Don't know if its in your price range.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
kapqa
Enthusiast

mostly not, because most of those have microhpne aswell, and dont like those on ereaders.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:00 AM   #4
kapqa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
mostly not, because most of those have microhpne aswell, and dont like those on ereaders.
checked again,

there is indeed onyxboox livingstone 2 and volta 4 that would somehow fall under the terms, little bit overpriced with 199 usd to 189 usd, and availability seem scarce in europe.
otherwise seem very nice model. other suggestions?
Old 06-20-2023, 01:17 PM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Tolino Vison 6
https://mytolino.com/products/tolino-vision-6/

I would just like to warn you that with some android E-INK readers there may be a problem with the application and support for overwriting pages.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 10:09 AM   #6
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapqa View Post
only candidate i found is from inkbook one model
I assume you're looking at the Inkbook Calypso? I have the Focus, its larger sibling (which also has a higher-resolution screen) and I like it. I put the Amazon app store on it so that I could install Moon+ Reader. I haven't used the Kindle app on the Focus, but it would probably run well on the Calypso, as Moon+ Reader and KOReader are both pretty snappy on the Focus and the Calypso uses the same processor. Battery life is less than awesome, though, but that's an Android thing I guess ...
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
meebook.

I have the earlier Boyue Likebook Mars P78. Android apps (and KOreader installs via built in browser direct from Git). Used for Borrowbox and Libby Libraries. Playbooks, Kobo and Kindle apps work. LiChess and K9 mail work.

I tried Moon+ and found it one of the worst on Android.

But a real Kobo or real Kindle is far better than any Android ereader if you use just the stock built in reader.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-22-2023 at 12:54 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote