Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-23-2023, 04:01 PM   #46
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Click on "Renate" and "Visit Renate's homepage!"
Thank you! I just tried it and it works wonders. The only issue is that setting brightness to 100% doesn't set it as bright as the device is capable of when controlling the lights via the native controls. Being able to control brightness separately from warmth is great, though
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 04:18 PM   #47
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post
The only issue is that setting brightness to 100% doesn't set it as bright as the device is capable of...
That is true.
The brightest is when both the cold and the warm are on 100%.
Any change from that is not as bright.
If you want the color control to maintain constant brightness then you must limit the brightness to what is capable in all colors.
Or else the color control affects brightness.
Inasmuch as full brightness burns your eyeballs out I thought that the esthetic decisions that I made are reasonable (for me).
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2023, 05:48 PM   #48
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Quote:
That is true.
The brightest is when both the cold and the warm are on 100%.
Any change from that is not as bright.
If you want the color control to maintain constant brightness then you must limit the brightness to what is capable in all colors.
Or else the color control affects brightness.
Inasmuch as full brightness burns your eyeballs out I thought that the esthetic decisions that I made are reasonable (for me).
It is reasonable. I will be using it from now on. Thanks
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 12:29 AM   #49
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
As far as sluggishness goes, check out the various display modes in Eink center.
Also, double check that the physical buttons act when you press them (vs when you release them).
Waiting until you release allows the differentiation between short and long press, but it wrecks havoc on (perceivable) reaction time.
It's not a question of display modes - it's the fact that they've downgraded the CPU. If I understood it correctly it's a slower CPU than on the Poke 3.

It's annoying when looking up a word in the dictionary for the first time in a book, for instance, as it has to load the app. This is not improved by the fact that it only has 2GB of RAM either...

If only Kobo (or Koreader) had better dictionaries, supporting highly inflected languages!
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote