Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2023, 03:46 PM   #91
afrangry
afrangry began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Failed to remount rootfs RO

I recently jailbroke my kindle PW4, fw 5.16.2.1.1 and installed KUAL using the modified mrinstaller without version check. After the installation, the kual document appeared in my library, so I suspect it was installed just fine. But in the mrinstaller log file it has these two lines, just after the success:

Failed to remount rootfs RO, waiting . . .

Really failed to remount rootfs RO -_-

I'm not sure what this means, should I be worried?

Last edited by afrangry; 10-28-2023 at 03:48 PM.
afrangry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:10 PM   #92
reminon
Enthusiast
reminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Scribe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Have you tried usbnet?
I did! It works well for ssh.
reminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 05:12 PM   #93
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminon View Post
I did! It works well for ssh.
Thanks!
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:16 PM   #94
cdhigh
Enthusiast
cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: KINDLE 3
Success in Kindle 8 Basic (KT3), version 5.16.2.1.

Step 15 is a bit of tricky; you need to immediately plug the USB cable when the page showing up. I had to repeat the process three times to succeed because of this.

In regards to secret gesture, for a clearer explanation:
1. Double-finger tap in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Swipe with a single finger from the bottom right corner to the bottom left corner of the screen.

Also, for installing KUAL, I used the coplate version. You can ignore the 'Failed to remount roofs ro' error message.

Last edited by cdhigh; 10-28-2023 at 05:50 PM.
cdhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:19 PM   #95
Shadow128
Shadow128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
At first.. Thanks so much for the jailbreak.
I tried it today with my 11th Generation PW5 and it is working (after some problems with the demo mode )

But it is possible that someone explains in short steps how to install KUAL and/or KOReader?

If I understand correct, I need the "MR Package Installer" and "KUAL" from LINK?
Copy "MR Package Installer" to the Kindle and overwrite the created directory with the content of the extentions2.zip from this thread?
What do I need from the KUAL archive?

Thanks for the support
Shadow128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 05:29 PM   #96
cdhigh
Enthusiast
cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: KINDLE 3
Yes,
1. copy mrpackages and extensions folder to Kindle.
2. copy Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_xxxxxx_install.bin to mrpackages folder.
3. safely eject and unplug the Kindle
4. execute ";log mrpi" in search bar

Last edited by cdhigh; 10-28-2023 at 05:43 PM.
cdhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:31 PM   #97
Marek
Zealot
Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Marek shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow128 View Post
At first.. Thanks so much for the jailbreak.
I tried it today with my 11th Generation PW5 and it is working (after some problems with the demo mode )

But it is possible that someone explains in short steps how to install KUAL and/or KOReader?

If I understand correct, I need the "MR Package Installer" and "KUAL" from LINK?
Copy "MR Package Installer" to the Kindle and overwrite the created directory with the content of the extentions2.zip from this thread?
What do I need from the KUAL archive?

Thanks for the support
Yes download "MR Package Installer" and kual coplate from the link - install Mr package installer by copying it's contents to the Kindle then copy the contents of extensions2.zip over it then take the install bin from kual and place it into MRpackages folder then do ;log mrpi in the search bar
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:33 PM   #98
reminon
Enthusiast
reminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Scribe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhigh View Post
Yes,
1. copy mrpackages and extensions folder to Kindle.
2. copy Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_xxxxxx_install.bin to mrpackages folder.
3. unplug the Kindle
4. execute ";log mrpi" in search bar
Making sure to safely eject.
reminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:55 PM   #99
Shadow128
Shadow128 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your fast help!
It seems that KUAL was installed, but after opening it from the library it's only a white page?!
Shadow128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:09 PM   #100
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminon View Post
On 5.16.1 with my scribe. Initially ran the jailbreak. after following all of the steps and installing the hotfix, it left me in a pseudo demo mode, where it looked like normal mode but still in chinese, had me setup my device as thats all i could do. After setting up my device it left me with wifi connected, but unable to disable wifi or enable airplane mode. I had to keep fighting with it downloading updates ever couple of minutes. Eventually I saw your update the the jailbreak. I entered demo mode again and followed the jailbreak instructions a second time. This left me at an english setup screen . After setting up my device again, everything looks normal and enabled airplane mode.

. I fell I am missing something. any ideas?
Hi reminon,
I followed the jailbreak steps for kindle scribe with firmware 5.16.2, I encountered the same problems as you mentioned in the topic. When I boot my kindle it shows bridge+ while booting, but when I enter ;log mrpi "I have the files for mrpi and kual coplate copied over" nothing happens it just searches for the term instead of loading mrpi and installing kual. I used extension2 folder but still can't run ;log mrpi. Help me, thanks

Last edited by Yangshuo; 10-28-2023 at 09:43 PM.
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:27 PM   #101
cynicskin
cynicskin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 5 signature
I know it says 5.16.2, but my Kindle is 5.16.3; do you think it would work, should I attempt it, or will it brick my Kindle?. Thanks for everything.
cynicskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:52 PM   #102
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Sorry, you are (temporarily) out of luck
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:34 AM   #103
KoKoRoKo
KoKoRoKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (11th Gen)
Question KOReader

Anyone got KOReader to work with this JB (on PW5 specifically)? Did you follow any special steps apart from those on the KOReader GitHub?
KoKoRoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:46 AM   #104
clayface
clayface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5
Exclamation Stuck at configure device?

I was doing this on my PW 5, got to the secret gesture and now can't proceed further. Just shows "This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from the network." Got any clues how to fix this error, I tried to click on the configure device but to no help.
clayface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 04:01 AM   #105
clayface
clayface began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayface View Post
I was doing this on my PW 5, got to the secret gesture and now can't proceed further. Just shows "This demonstration device is either missing content or is disconnected from the network." Got any clues how to fix this error, I tried to click on the configure device but to no help.
Nevermind, I was just being dumb

Thank you for the jailbreak!
clayface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak