Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Ambassador-of-C
Ambassador-of-C began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILiad
Question NEW eReader OR iLiad what should I do

Hello all,
There is another eReader on the horizon.
http://www.astak.com/97Ebook_Reader.html
It will be...
* Windows CE platform,
* Have a bigger screen 9.7",
* WiFi
* Bluetooth
* 2 USB 2.0 ports
* Will, "READ TRUE" 8 by 11 page size
* cost around $450 - $500,

Seller said will be available this November 2008

Please tell me why I should buy the iLiad than... buy this eReader?
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by Ambassador-of-C; 08-26-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Ambassador-of-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Sounds like you are talking about one of the Astak Mentors. Or you might have found a new reader. Can you provide more info?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Ambassador-of-C
Ambassador-of-C began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILiad
Yes, forgot to post that link.
http://www.astak.com/97Ebook_Reader.html
Ambassador-of-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I would suggest that making sure what you really need is the best strategy. The Astak 9.7 ereader has major differences from iLiad, such as screen size, greyscale depth. Your requirements and need will determine which one is best suit for you.

For example, I am taking my ebook reader whereever I go, so iLiad fits me more. Besides, I read comic on iLiad, and iLiad's 16 greyscale provides better visual effect. Astak 9.7 ereader can't beat iLiad in the above two factors.

Last edited by ericshliao; 08-27-2008 at 02:28 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
As of now you can actually read books on the iLiad, and not on the Astak.
So, if you need it now, it's definitely a no-brainer.

If don't need it now, and you can wait, probably you don't need it at all.
So you can wait for the Mentor, then you can wait for the new kindle, then for the Apple, then for the new Sony, then for the new Cybook, then for the new iLiad..................

When you need it, buy the less expensive or the one that fit you best and you'll be happy.

If you just want it, go for the two of them and you won't miss them....
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Astak 9.7" device is now due next March, see Astak Mentor eBook readers with WiFi and Touchscreen options, post #742. There will probably be several other devices with 9.7 screens next spring. If you can wait, at least one of these (perhaps from iRex) will almost certainly be better than the iLiad for applications that favor a large screen. However, the iLiad is here today and is a good enough for many purposes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote