Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
$5 credit on Amazon appstore

Quote:
The Amazon Appstore hasn't exactly grown to rival Google Play in size or overall quality, but there's still some cool stuff over there. And if you can get it for free? That's a pretty good deal. Amazon is offering $5 to spend on apps and all you have to do is download something.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12...ember-24-28th/
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
duplicate post (third time, I believe, this has been posted).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
duplicate post (third time, I believe, this has been posted).
I have a comment about this, but since this is a duplicate thread and I don't see the other threads, could you point me in the right direction please?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I have a comment about this, but since this is a duplicate thread and I don't see the other threads, could you point me in the right direction please?
It's inside a thread about Amazon Coins -- Earn FREE Amazon Coins!

We've been discussing it there, since apps are related to coins. Unless you were actively participating in that thread, there's no reason to know that this deal would be posted there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm glad someone posted it separately - I don't even know what Amazon Coins are!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It's inside a thread about Amazon Coins -- Earn FREE Amazon Coins!

We've been discussing it there, since apps are related to coins. Unless you were actively participating in that thread, there's no reason to know that this deal would be posted there.
Also, I started a new thread yesterday titled Free Amazon App Bundles | AppDeals | $5 App/Game Credit. It's had views but no discussion there.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I'm glad someone posted it separately - I don't even know what Amazon Coins are!
I'd like to know what they are too.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Here's a link that explains: About Amazon Coins.

The coins can be earned by buying certain apps, or you can purchase coins at a discount. They can be used to buy other apps. There are more links on that web page and coin offers in the "Earn Free Amazon Coins" thread that Tubemonkey linked above.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
They're Amazon's proprietary monopoly money. You use them in place of cash to buy apps on Amazon's AppStore. (Currently you can't use them for anything else.) You get a discount buying the coins so that, for example 500 coins only costs you $4.50 instead of $5. The catch, as with all these company-specific currencies, is the remaining balance is non-refundable and apps usually don't cost an even dollar/cent amount, leaving you with a perpetual balance. Then you either waste it, or buy more coins to try to use it up. Either way benefits Amazon.

However, Amazon has been good about giving them away for free. Initially all Kindle Fire owners were given 500 coins to use for free. Since then there's been deals where you get coins for purchasing a free app, or multiple apps. That's where the Free Amazon Coins thread comes in, people post about new coin freebies there. Then you save up and turn around and use the free coins on a paid app you've been wanting. Over the past year, if you got in on all the free ones, I believe it's been around 2,000 coins, or $20 worth. (That includes getting the 500 for being a Kindle Fire owner.)

Basically, if you don't purchase them and only go for freebies, it's a different way of getting some free Android Apps from Amazon.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Here's a link that explains: About Amazon Coins.

The coins can be earned by buying certain apps, or you can purchase coins at a discount. They can be used to buy other apps. There are more links on that web page and coin offers in the "Earn Free Amazon Coins" thread that Tubemonkey linked above.
Thanks. It looks like a Kindle Fire thing only. I probably saw that before and forgot about it since I don't have one.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Basically, if you don't purchase them and only go for freebies, it's a different way of getting some free Android Apps from Amazon.
Yep; that's how I do it. I currently have 1,500 coins plus the $5 credit. I heart free stuff
Old 12-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Thanks. It looks like a Kindle Fire thing only. I probably saw that before and forgot about it since I don't have one.
It is my understanding that Amazon Coins can be spent on apps for any Android device that's registered at Amazon. I don't have a Kindle Fire, and I've accumulated 610 coins so far (worth $6.10 in future app purchases).
Old 12-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
It's not a Kindle Fire thing, they just launched it by giving all Kindle Fire owners 500 free coins. They also focus somewhat on the Kindle Fires since that's their own devices, but most apps will work with any Android device. The coins can be used to buy any app.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
It is my understanding that Amazon Coins can be spent on apps for any Android device that's registered at Amazon. I don't have a Kindle Fire, and I've accumulated 610 coins so far (worth $6.10 in future app purchases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
It's not a Kindle Fire thing, they just launched it by giving all Kindle Fire owners 500 free coins. They also focus somewhat on the Kindle Fires since that's their own devices, but most apps will work with any Android device. The coins can be used to buy any app.

The info on Amazon.com makes it seem like Kindle only. I just read it again and see where it says on Amazon App Store, but it says Kindle Fire so many times that that's all I remembered.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Friendly Reminder - only 2-1/2 weeks left to use this $5 credit - exp 31 Mar