Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
mobic
mobic began at the beginning.

Device: android
author search in book details panel

when you click on the author in the book details panel it does a search in wiki.

i been looking for the option to change it so that it searches in calibre like it does with the series.

can any one point me in the right direction and is possible?
mobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Look& Feel->Book details, the very first line
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
mobic
mobic began at the beginning.

Device: android
wow soo simple why didnt i see that! thank you!
mobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobic View Post
when you click on the author in the book details panel it does a search in wiki.

i been looking for the option to change it so that it searches in calibre like it does with the series.

can any one point me in the right direction and is possible?
Alt-A (AKA Similar Authors) or Right click the record (line): Similar: Authors

Also Quick search
Click in the desired books column (in this case, Authors): tap 'Q'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote