Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 12:02 AM   #121
DaySleeper
Connoisseur
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Device: MoonReader+ Android app on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite and otherst
Is anyone having this trouble downloading magazines? It was working fine until now, but today, with different magazines from different libraries, I get "key error." Here is one of the full error messages:

calibre, version 6.14.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>: Failed to download e-book

calibre 6.14.1 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && Access Aide (0, 1, 13) && Action Chains (1, 18, 19) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 2, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 92) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Ebook Translator (2, 0, 3) && Editor Chains (0, 8, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 20, 0) && FictionDB (1, 4, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 205) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && KFX Input (2, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 3, 1) && KFX Output (2, 3, 1) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 7, 1) && Media File Importer (1, 0, 27) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Open With (1, 8, 1) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 4) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 387, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 467, in _custom_download
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 822, in process_ebook
KeyError: 'openbook'
DaySleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:23 AM   #122
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaySleeper View Post
Is anyone having this trouble downloading magazines? It was working fine until now, but today, with different magazines from different libraries, I get "key error." Here is one of the full error messages:

File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 387, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.magazine_download ", line 467, in _custom_download
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 822, in process_ebook
KeyError: 'openbook'
Just tried it and I got the same error.

The bad news is that the plugin is not getting the response it is expecting from the server so it could be a deliberate change on the server side.

https://github.com/ping/libby-calibr...client.py#L822
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 09:43 AM   #123
Winnito
Enthusiast
Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.Winnito can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

New Libby code solved this 403 error for me as well. Tnx ppls
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:51 AM   #124
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinab View Post
I've been using the Overdrive Libby plugin for Calibre on Mac without issue until tonight, where it was giving me an error. I tried reinstalling the plugin and went to the 'customize plugin' area where I would enter in the setup code as I had done in the past... but it won't let me type it in. It just gives me a thick black line and when I try to type in the code, nothing shows up. I'm on Mac, I tried downgrading to Calibre 7.8.0, installed the plugin directly from Calibre and then from a zip file, restarted my computer, reinstalled EVERYTHING including Calibre to 6.29 and all of my plugins, upgraded back up to 7.9.0. Still can't enter the setup code when I had no issue doing it in the past. Would anyone be able to help with this or tell me why it might be happening?
Not a mac user, but a thick black line sounds like a video corruption. Do all the rest of the dialogs look OK and does resizing the control make any difference?

Trying restart in Debug Mode and see if any error messages appear in the log.

Also, if you type a number (even if you can't see anything happening) and click on OK do you get an error, either on-screen or in the debug log file.
Old 04-24-2024, 09:02 PM   #125
DaySleeper
Connoisseur
DaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toysDaySleeper shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
Just tried it and I got the same error.

The bad news is that the plugin is not getting the response it is expecting from the server so it could be a deliberate change on the server side.

https://github.com/ping/libby-calibr...client.py#L822
I hope someone knows how to update the plugin to fix this. I've come to depend on it lately.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:25 PM   #126
soothiequeen
soothiequeen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Different 403 error

Unfortunately, I'm getting a slightly different 403 error than the one in the original post. My 403 error response is completely empty:

Code:
calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Failed to download e-book<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

calibre 7.9  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9)
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 518, in send_request
  File "urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
  File "urllib\request.py", line 634, in http_response
  File "urllib\request.py", line 563, in error
  File "urllib\request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
  File "urllib\request.py", line 643, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 85, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.ebook_download", line 50, in __call__
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.ebook_download", line 94, in _custom_download
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 806, in fulfill_loan_file
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 538, in send_request
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors", line 143, in process
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response=' ''>
I hope someone else with the same problem might be able to help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaySleeper View Post
I'm also having trouble today with the plug-in, but am getting a different error:

calibre, version 6.14.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Error synchronizing data<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

calibre 6.14.1 Portable embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && Access Aide (0, 1, 13) && Action Chains (1, 18, 19) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 2, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 92) && Count Pages (1, 12, 1) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Ebook Translator (2, 0, 3) && Editor Chains (0, 8, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 17, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 6, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 20, 0) && FictionDB (1, 4, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7) && GetFileName (0, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 3) && Goodreads_Rating (4, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 205) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 6, 0) && KFX Input (2, 6, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 3, 1) && KFX Output (2, 3, 1) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Mass Search-Replace (1, 7, 1) && Media File Importer (1, 0, 27) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 96) && Open With (1, 8, 1) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 4) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1) && all recipes Recipe Reader (1, 0, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 518, in send_request

File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.workers", line 351, in run
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 631, in sync
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 538, in send_request
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors" , line 143, in process
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clien tForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clie ntForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}''>
soothiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 04:58 AM   #127
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinab View Post
I've been using the Overdrive Libby plugin for Calibre on Mac without issue until tonight, where it was giving me an error. I tried reinstalling the plugin and went to the 'customize plugin' area where I would enter in the setup code as I had done in the past... but it won't let me type it in. It just gives me a thick black line and when I try to type in the code, nothing shows up. I'm on Mac, I tried downgrading to Calibre 7.8.0, installed the plugin directly from Calibre and then from a zip file, restarted my computer, reinstalled EVERYTHING including Calibre to 6.29 and all of my plugins, upgraded back up to 7.9.0. Still can't enter the setup code when I had no issue doing it in the past. Would anyone be able to help with this or tell me why it might be happening?
Someone had the same problem and was able to solve it. When you click in the typing area, move your cursor using the left arrow. Turned out you're just simply at the end of the limit, that's why you can't type more.
https://github.com/ping/libby-calibre-plugin/issues/22
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 05:07 AM   #128
sgmoore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothiequeen View Post
Unfortunately, I'm getting a slightly different 403 error than the one in the original post. My 403 error response is completely empty:

[CODE]
calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Failed to download e-book<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

I hope someone else with the same problem might be able to help?
Unfortunately it is not just you, so I am wondering if anyone does NOT have this problem.

The magazine downloads stopped working a few days ago whilst the ebook downloads still worked. But now it looks like ebook downloads have stopped.

At least with ebooks we can still download them manually.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:42 PM   #129
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
The Libby app failed on my end too as of yesterday when I last tried downloading from the plugin in Calibre.

Code:
calibre, version 7.9.0

calibre 7.9  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && Action Chains (1, 20, 2) && Audit Log (1, 0, 19) && Count Pages (1, 13, 6) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 18, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 7, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 33, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 7, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 4) && Goodreads (1, 8, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && From KFX (2, 10, 0) && KFX Input (2, 10, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 7, 0) && KFX Output (2, 7, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && Obok DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Reading List (1, 15, 4) && Reformat plugin (2, 4, 0) && Scroll Book Details (1, 0, 2) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && User Category (1, 6, 1)
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 518, in send_request

File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 85, in start_work
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.ebook_download", line 50, in __call__
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.ebook_download", line 94, in _custom_download
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 806, in fulfill_loan_file
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client", line 538, in send_request
  File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors", line 143, in process
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.ClientForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response=' ''>
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 12:21 PM   #130
adinab
adinab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_p1nky View Post
Someone had the same problem and was able to solve it. When you click in the typing area, move your cursor using the left arrow. Turned out you're just simply at the end of the limit, that's why you can't type more.
https://github.com/ping/libby-calibre-plugin/issues/22
That's what it was, thank you.

Now I'm having the same issues as everyone else with the 403 error Hopefully the plugin dev will be able to fix it or figure something out, tons of people on Reddit are also having the same problem
adinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:24 PM   #131
Thena
Thena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Libra 2
Yes, seems like we are all getting this error now. The plugin can pull our loans but it can't download them anymore. I have to go back to the old fashioned way of downloading them from overdrive for now.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 11:31 PM   #132
DaySleeper
Connoisseur

I can get my loans directly from the library websites, except for magazines, for which the plugin seems to be the only download option.
Old 04-28-2024, 11:09 AM   #133
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
I literally started using this last week, after finding out how many magazines were available from one of my library cards. Downloaded one edition of Paris Match and one New Yorker. Went back to get new Paris Match for my new Libra Colour which is arriving soon, just to find it is broken! I hope whoever made this plugin can fix it, but it does look as it the plug-in is looking for an on device chip so I imagine Libby has tightened their security protocol.

I hope 'ping' can fix this soon.

Error message:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 7.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ClientForbiddenError</b>: Error synchronizing data<p>HTTP Error 403: Forbidden</p>

calibre 7.9 embedded-python: True
macOS-14.4.1-arm64-arm-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '23.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 23.4.0: Fri Mar 15 00:10:42 PDT 2024; root:xnu-10063.101.17~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000')
Python 3.11.5
OSX: ('14.4.1', ('', '', ''), 'arm64')
EXE path: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && Check Books (0, 1, 8) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 48, 0) && KFX Input (1, 48, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 61, 0) && KFX Output (1, 61, 0) && KePub Input (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 2) && Obok DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6)
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 518, in send_request
response = req_opener.open(req, timeout=self.timeout)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "urllib/request.py", line 525, in open
File "urllib/request.py", line 634, in http_response
File "urllib/request.py", line 563, in error
File "urllib/request.py", line 496, in _call_chain
File "urllib/request.py", line 643, in http_error_default

File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.workers", line 351, in run
synced_state = libby_client.sync()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 631, in sync
res: Dict = self.send_request("chip/sync")
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 538, in send_request
ErrorHandler.process(e, error_response)
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors" , line 143, in process
raise error_info["error"](
calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clien tForbiddenError: <calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.errors.Clie ntForbiddenError; http_status=403, msg='HTTP Error 403: Forbidden', error_response='{"result":"missing_chip"}''>
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 03:31 PM   #134
spicefather
spicefather began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've been playing around with this a little bit and it looks like as Pjama suggested, they changed their security a little bit. I tried generating a new auth token in the app via the clone code and that didn't work for me, but I did the same in my browser and copied its auth token into this plugin's config and that worked perfectly.
No promises on timeline since I have limited time to work on this, but I'm going to see if I can work the newer token generation method into the plugin. Alternatively if anyone is interested in working on it I'm happy to share my findings so far.

If anyone needs to get their plugin working, you can follow the steps below. I don't know how long this lasts for, so you may end up needing to redo it after some hours/days. Also the instructions are based on Firefox, hopefully they apply to other browsers as well but if not just ask and someone will try to help out.

1. In your browser, open your dev console (ctrl-shift-I or F12 for me).
2. Go to the network tab, click the cog at the top-right and make sure "Persist Logs" is on.
3. Go to https://libbyapp.com/.
4. In the dev console, type "sentry" into the filter bar.
5. Click on the furthest-down entry that is a "GET" request.
6. In the right panel, go into the "Request Headers" and find "Authorization" -- its format should be "Bearer" followed by a long string of characters. Copy just the long string.
7. Make sure Calibre is closed, and open the plugin config file (%APPDATA%\calibre\plugins\overdrive_libby.json on Windows, unsure Mac/Linux paths).
8. Find the line for "libby_token", and replace its value with the one you copied in step 6.
9. Open Calibre and the plugin should work as expected now.

Hopefully this is helpful to people.
spicefather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 05:00 PM   #135
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicefather View Post
If anyone needs to get their plugin working, you can follow the steps below. I don't know how long this lasts for, so you may end up needing to redo it after some hours/days. Also the instructions are based on Firefox, hopefully they apply to other browsers as well but if not just ask and someone will try to help out.

1. In your browser, open your dev console (ctrl-shift-I or F12 for me).
2. Go to the network tab, click the cog at the top-right and make sure "Persist Logs" is on.
3. Go to https://libbyapp.com/.
4. In the dev console, type "sentry" into the filter bar.
5. Click on the furthest-down entry that is a "GET" request.
6. In the right panel, go into the "Request Headers" and find "Authorization" -- its format should be "Bearer" followed by a long string of characters. Copy just the long string.
7. Make sure Calibre is closed, and open the plugin config file (%APPDATA%\calibre\plugins\overdrive_libby.json on Windows, unsure Mac/Linux paths).
8. Find the line for "libby_token", and replace its value with the one you copied in step 6.
9. Open Calibre and the plugin should work as expected now.

Hopefully this is helpful to people.
I used your solution and it worked! Thank you so much for figuring out a work around.

Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote