Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-09-2022, 11:53 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Mishap

Hi

I have been using Koreader for some years (4, 5 ?) with a Kindle PW3. I have the latest version (august 2022)

As the folder "Documents" was beginning to be heavy, I decided to clean it totally. After connecting it to my Linux, I emptied the folder Documents which contained many .sdr files and many .epub ones plus some .pdf.

Then I copied in this folder Documents four or five few ePub that were unread and ejected the Kindle, hoping to start again Koreader.

However Kual and Koreader fail to appear like usual. I probably have done something wrong but now I am stuck on the Kindle only menu...

Is there a way out?

Here is a copy of my current Kindle folder with the Koreader files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreader.png
Views:	100
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	196415  
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 05:29 AM   #2
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Reinstall KUAL using the package from “Snapshots thread” at Kindle Developer Corner. The file needed to run KUAL was in the Documents folder
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2022, 08:27 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for your help. I'll do it asap.
Old 09-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #4
roger64
Wizard

Hi

It failed though I've got the message "Hush baby" during mrpi install. I think I know why: my Kindle version is -nearly- the original one, 5.7.4. and the packages I've tried to install work for much more recent PW3 versions, like 5.13.0 or so.

If this is correct, it seems I have one alternative:
- either find an archive version of mrpackage (on my screenshot it was named mrpackages) and kual compatible with 5.7.4.
- or installing a PW3 kindle version compatible with the current packages, redo the jailbreak, etc... which looks more complicated.

Choice will have to be done upon availability of one or the other.

Last edited by roger64; 09-10-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 03:18 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Help is on the way for the archive kual thing. I'll report back when everything will be sorted out. I've good hopes.
Advert
Old 09-11-2022, 01:41 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FW version is irrelevant, which is why there's no archive of old builds .

(I mean, it's irrelevant in terms of needing old builds; for KUAL, it *does* mean that you still have the possibility of running the Kindlet version, the KDK2 one if your case).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote