Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-22-2021, 11:19 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does "Set semantics" work with an epub3 file <nav section?

I have an epub3 book (upgraded from epub2) and I set semantics on several files

They show under <guide> in content.opf, but I thought that they were also supposed to also show in <nav epub:type="landmarks" hidden=""> in the nav.xhtml file so that other viewers would find them

If it makes a difference, I upgraded the internals to epub3 before I set semantics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	189770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	189771  

Last edited by phossler; 10-22-2021 at 11:22 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 01:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I think that tool was created before epub 3 existed and was never updated for it. I suppose I should add support for landmarks to it as well. Though I doubt there is a complete mapping of guide types to landmark types, and since this tool presents only one list of types, its going to be fairly confusing in books that have both. Oh well, the vissictudes of EPUB.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e6f43d1456c912
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:51 PM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks

I was working on a RegEx to reformat the content.opf <guide> <references after copying them to the nav.xhtml landmarks section, but your way is much better
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote