Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM   #1
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
KOReader for comics and graphic novels?

I have the Libra Colour and like everything except not having the ability to read comics/graphic novels and easily zoom in to panels and guide you through them. I read somewhere that KOreader does something like this?

Is this true? If so, is koreader ready for the libra colour? Any limitations?
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
I have the Libra Colour and like everything except not having the ability to read comics/graphic novels and easily zoom in to panels and guide you through them. I read somewhere that KOreader does something like this?

Is this true? If so, is koreader ready for the libra colour? Any limitations?
You can install KOReader by using the One Click Install package and the Powershell script from the links in the One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato thread (package from the 1st message, Powershell script from the second message.

Once you have the install done, before running KOReader, download the latest nightly build from KOReader/nightly, and unzip the contents over the contents of the koreader directory in the .adds directory in the root of your Kobo's exposed storage.

Most of the limitations for me regarding KOReader are that I edit my ebooks before sending to my ereader so style overrides are not needed and Kobo's native metadata search is a lot easier to use than KOReader's native file based search. KOReader can use calibre's metadata.db, it just lacks the integration and ease of the native search.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 02:42 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert